[MCN] BiAnnual Request for Missoula Community News Listserve Support!

Jim Coefield webmaster at wildrockies.org
Mon Aug 7 14:45:58 EDT 2017

Howdy folks,

It's been almost year since my last funding request, and I'm asking all users of the WildRockies InfoNet and the Missoula Community News Listserve  to please help out and show your support. You can go to http://www.wildrockies.org and click on one of the PayPal buttons to do so. Last year we moved the list serve out of the back room of one of the nonprofits (BSFI) that had been gracious enough to allow us to provide the service on our own in-house servers. As a result of that move, I have had to contract with an outside provider and incur the expense of utilizing a commercial list serve hosting (not cheap), software, domain registration, and time to administrate and support all of this on my own in order to keep this list, and the others that I manage, smoothly running. So if you are able to help us to cover these expenses by making a small donation, I would be most appreciative!

There are almost 600 active email addresses on our list, so your posts here get broad exposure through the Missoula area, and Western Montana to a diverse audience of recipients. I hope that all of you have found some value in this service, both in posting to it and in the posts you receive, and that many of you can and will help out. Many nonprofits, individuals and activists, and small progressive businesses have benefitted through the presence of the Missoula Community News ListServe.

It has been over 20 years since I began this project in a fit of lunacy ;-) wondering how I could help activists working on their missions to preserve biodiversity and wilderness, and advocating peace and justice in a variety of areas. And it is hard to believe that we are still here doing this! But we need your help to continue!

So I need to hear from all of you to let me know that you indeed want to keep your listserve going, and the best way to do that is to go to our website at http://www.wildrockies.org and click on one of the PayPal buttons and leave a donation or payment for services. I don't ask for much, in fact I have seldom asked for anything in many years. This project has been a labor of love and volunteer service. To those of you that have contributed recently on your own volition, many thanks!

The WildRockies InfoNet has been dedicated to providing support and services to nonprofits, activists and small progressive businesses in the Wild Rockies Bioregion since 1995. While we have undergone many changes and moved locations and affiliations, our mission is still the same. Our aim is to continue providing services to those working tirelessly to protect and preserve the values of the the peoples and land that we have all come to cherish. This service is for the progressive community in and around Missoula!

Many thanks to all of you for what you do!

Jim Coefield
System Admin
WildRockies InfoNet

http://www.wildrockies.org