[MCN] Join Missoula's Energy Smart Challenge

Abby Huseth abby at climatesmartmissoula.org
Thu Jul 6 16:07:23 EDT 2017

With results from Missoula's first community greenhouse gas emissions
inventory, residential energy use accounts for nearly a *quarter* of our
carbon footprint! Climate Smart Missoula is challenging our community to
cut wasted energy 10% by 2018, and 20% by 2020. Our collective efforts can
make a real impact, which is why we've launched our pilot *Energy Smart
Challenge* program.

Whether you're a renter or homeowner, a student, professional, or retiree,
the Challenge has something for everyone. When you join, you'll receive
weekly emails with practical tips for home energy savings, with prizes and
incentives along the way. In June, we started with calculating and
understanding energy use, and this month we're sharing tips to beat the
summer heat without cranking the A/C. It's the perfect time to jump in and
take concrete action to save energy and shrink our community's carbon
footprint. Your participation in this pilot will help us build a stronger
program in the future!

**Learn more and sign up today at
http://www.missoulaclimate.org/energy-smart.html
<http://www.missoulaclimate.org/energy-smart.html>

**Contact Abby at Climate Smart Missoula with any questions:
abby at climatesmartmissoula.org