[MCN] Big Picture Climate Change: What Targets Must We Hit? round table and social Mon. 7/31!

David Merrill david.merrill at sierraclub.org
Fri Jul 28 15:10:57 EDT 2017

Hello Missoulians,

You are invited to a round table discussion and social gathering this
Monday, July 31 from 4-6 pm:

*Big Picture Climate Change: What Targets Must We Hit?*
The Public House
130 E. Broadway
Missoula
July 31, 2017
4-6 pm
*Cold beverages and appetizers provided!*

*Sponsored by the Sierra Club.*

*As an extra bonus, Sierra Club member Claudia Narcisco will give an update
on public lands issues and ways that you can engage with them.*

Come and enjoy a cold beverage and great conversation with others that care
about climate change as much as you do.

*As a full-time climate and energy organizer for the Sierra Club, I would
greatly appreciate hearing, directly from you, your thoughts about the
climate crisis and current efforts to address it.*

I, in turn, will share my feelings on the battle to stabilize the climate,
as well as tell you about an exciting resolution the Montana Sierra Club
chapter is preparing that calls on the national Sierra Club to *change it's
global warming temperature target from 1.5 Celsius to .5 Celsius.*

Dr. James Hansen and 14 colleagues lay out the case for a .5 C target
in a critically
important paper
<https://www.earth-syst-dynam.net/8/577/2017/esd-8-577-2017.pdf> just
published in Earth System Dynamics on July 18.

Hope to see you Monday, July 31 at the Public House.

David

--
David Merrill
Senior Organizing Representative