[MCN] AERO extending Executive Director search

Jim Coefield webmaster at wildrockies.org
Fri Mar 3 13:28:21 EST 2017

Please reply to: interimed at aeromt.org and see attached pdf for details.
--------------------------------------

Position Opening - Job Announcement:
Executive Director

About AERO

AERO is a statewide 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to advancing solutions that promote resource conservation and local economic vitality in Montana. AERO programs support individual and community action to advance our goals in renewable energy, sustainable agriculture, local food, and resilient communities. Since 1974, AERO has been a trusted and visionary leader that has built strong ties among farmers and ranchers, urban and rural communities, and many government and non-profit organizations. AERO is a hub for inspiring, connecting, and building capacity for sustainable communities and our programming is grounded in the conviction that communities are the best place to create the kind of change we envision. We are in an exciting time of growth, in a solid financial position, with many grant opportunities and a strong staff and board.

Position Summary:

The Executive Director is a full-time, professional position that is accountable to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the management and oversight of all aspects of AERO’s programs and business operations. The Director helps to lead the strategic planning that will grow and build the organization’s effectiveness and acts to create the long-term success of AERO. The Director will articulate, engage, and inspire the membership and our funding partners in a way that builds new capacity and support for our work. The position is Helena-based and includes managing staff and volunteers in the Helena office.