[MCN] HELP! In desperate need of dog friendly housing!

Willow Coefield willowcoefield at gmail.com
Tue May 30 16:20:31 EDT 2017

Hey Missoula -

I am a local woman, born and raised here and very involved in the community my whole life (my father is the admin for mcn actually). I make a living as a dog sitter, and even with a college degree and management positions in the past, I absolutely love what I do now. And I want to keep doing it. I have to be out of my current house by….well, tonight. I have been searching but for being such a dog friendly city, Missoula housing is very anti-dog. Even with only my one dog, there are almost no properties available. So we are looking for dog friendly housing, preferably with a yard.

About my business: I generally have 0-3 dogs staying with me overnight, sometimes for an extended amount of time. I also have a few dogs that come over and visit during the day a few times a week while their owners are at work. So on average 1-5 extra dogs at the house. HEAR ME OUT!!! I do this full time, therefore I have plenty of time to work on house projects and ensure that it looks great. This is my business, and if the dogs tear things up, I have to immediately replace/repair/improve them otherwise I will lose customers. I am a responsible sitter and have to appear so. My husband is a wildland firefighter and is also extremely handy (he really wants a garage!!!). We have improved on every home we’ve lived in.

As far as references, we do have some. Our last place was through a property management, before that we stayed with my father in law (85 yrs old), prior to that we lived on a sailboat with harbor patrol as our landlord, prior to that was a landlord renting a seasonal property at a ski resort, and prior to that was a corporation! So we have rental history but difficult rental history.

Plain and simple, we are passionate about what we do, we are very courteous and love to improve any home we are in, and I do not want to give up my dog sitting business because of housing. And as of tonight, have no actual home. We just want somewhere that we can make our own and create a loving atmosphere, at a reasonable price. Additional pet deposit is completely acceptable if required, but I promise you it won’t be necessary.

If you know of ANYTHING, please contact me. This is what is supporting our family currently.
Willow Coefield
willowcoefield at gmail.com
406.880.6955