[MCN] rocket mass heater myths: "they cannot be that efficient"

paul wheaton paul at richsoil.com
Mon Nov 6 12:24:09 EST 2017

Hi MCN,

I hosted the global rocket mass heater innovators event a few weeks
ago - just outside of missoula.  Along the way we took some video on
important topics.

The important thing is that rocket mass heaters are a SOLUTION to a
LOT of the stuff we talk about (or hear about) on MCN.

This is the most sustainable heating solution for a conventional home
by far.  Converting from electric heat to a rocket mass heater reduces
your carbon footprint as much as parking 7 cars.

So here is a new video where we are talking about skepticism of the
claim that a rocket mass heater heats with one tenth the wood of a
conventional wood stove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0cs8PWDfwg
https://permies.com/p/602070