[MCN] solving the world's problems in your own backyard

paul wheaton paul at richsoil.com
Thu Nov 9 10:33:56 EST 2017

I know that a lot of the stuff we see on MCN is about shaking our
fists at those that have been naughty.   And I agree that that is
important.   At the same time, my own philosophy set is that I think
we can have a larger impact by doing stuff at home first.  And part of
that is figuring out what we might do.

For the last few years I hosted an event near missoula to push forward
the innovations in the field of rocket mass heaters - something I
think is already having a profound, positive effect on the world.
This year's event lasted 11 days - and today I share with you a four
minute long video of one tiny piece.

Peter van den Berg came to this event from The Netherlands.   His
expertise is with carefully measuring ...  everything!  Especially the
exhaust from rocket mass heaters.

In this video, Peter shares his numbers for a system he built at this
event in 2014.  Not only is he heating a huge space with a tiny amount
of wood, but the carbon monoxide values are much lower.   Good wood
stoves shoot for numbers under 3000 ppm, and peter is getting most of
the burn under 10 ppm.

https://permies.com/p/602953

Learning little bits like this, each day, is what solves world problems.

--

Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world
domination:  http://richsoil.com/email