[MCN] Fwd: Invitation to: Telling Our Stories of Death, Dying and Grief

Jim Coefield webmaster at wildrockies.org
Tue Oct 24 19:09:03 EDT 2017

From: gailgutsche <gutsche at wildrockies.org>
Subject: Invitation to: Telling Our Stories of Death, Dying and Grief
Date: October 23, 2017 at 4:53:43 PM MDT

Dear Friends:

I'm writing to tell you about two events coming up this week being sponsored by the Institute of Health and Humanities (IHH), in conjunction with the month long celebration: Festival of the Dead, Inheritance: Gifts from the Dead. The events are free and open to the public. The first event is this Wednesday, October 25th: the classic film Harold and Maude at the Roxy, 6:30 pm.

Below is a link to the Face Book event: Telling Our Stories of Death, Dying and Grief, to be held on Sunday, October 29th at Burns Street Bistro, 1500 Burns St, 6:00-8:00 pm. This is the culminating event of a series of five private and public writing workshops which were held throughout October as part of the Festival of the Dead. The workshops encouraged participants to explore their feelings, beliefs, attitudes, thoughts and fears around death and dying, and then write about them. Eight-ten workshop participants will read their original works at the event. In addition, two members of the Flathead Reservation will describe their work interviewing Native Americans and their experiences with death.

If you've ever witnessed the death of a loved one or been part of a support system helping them through the dying process, Telling Our Stories of Death, Dying and Grief is for you. If you've ever wondered or worried about your own death, come hear what others have to say about theirs. I participated in three of the writing workshops and found it cathartic, heart opening, and healing. The writings that emerged are powerful, profound, and often simple.

Please join me for this free event, sponsored by IHH, where I have been working for the past six months. Complimentary appetizers and a cash bar. Click on Festival of the Dead to read a description about each of the writing workshops, Harold and Maude, and the culminating writing workshop event.  http://hs.umt.edu/ihh/

Please respond to the FB invitation below if you are able to attend. Thank you. I hope to see you there.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1430523213706322/?acontext=%7B%22source%22%3A5%2C%22page_id_source%22%3A187591280824%2C%22action_history%22%3A

Best,

Gail

Mission of IHH: The Institute for Health and Humanities harnesses the expertise, education, practices, research, and insights gained from the humanities, social sciences and arts, to enhance the health, healthcare and well-being of individuals and communities in western Montana.

http://hs.umt.edu/ihh/