[MCN] The Colstrip Power Plant Community Event

John Meyer john at cottonwoodlaw.org
Tue Apr 24 15:59:19 EDT 2018

I forgot to say that thanks to Madeline for putting this on.

Cottonwood has a lawsuit going against the Public Service Commission to life for the cap on the amount of renewable energy that can be met-metered.

People are saying Northwestern is against renewable energy—they have lobbied heavily to limit the amount of renewables that can be generated.

Because Northwestern is publically traded and they own one unit of Colstrip they have an incentive to continue burning coal and kill us all.

If a lawsuit was brought against Northwestern for polluting water or the air they might have to put up some money in case they lose. That would depress the value of their stock. Maybe Schweitzer could help facilitate a hostile take over of Northwestern. Didn’t he work on the Stillwater mine?

If a group of socially minded investors took over Northwestern they could do a lot of good.

Sent from my iPhone.