[MCN] PRESS RELEASE: Inaugural Cannabis Conference at Montana State Capitol

Ellie Hill Smith elliehillhd94 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 01:10:27 EST 2018

February 1, 2018
Public Invited to Inaugural Cannabis Conference at Montana State Capitol

*HELENA* – The Cannabis Way, Montana Chapter, a nonprofit formed after the
passage of I-182, the statewide ballot initiative that legalized the
current Montana Medical Marijuana Act, has partnered with state and local
government leaders to sponsor the *State of Montana's FIRST INAUGURAL
CANNABIS CONFERENCE to be held Friday, February 9, 2018 at the Montana
State Capitol between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm*.  The event is free and open to
the public.

Representatives from the State of Montana, Departments of Revenue, DPHHS,
and Agriculture, as well as elected officials from around the State have
partnered with industry leaders and experts, to discuss testing,
manufacturing, cultivation science, advertising, and regulatory
compliance.

"It's exciting to see bipartisan support for research and access to safe
medicine," Representative Ellie Hill Smith (Missoula) said. "I know that my
constituents are equally interested in the estimated $70 million dollars in
sales revenue that will be felt around the State in 2018."

Industry leaders are slated to cover issues such as cultivation science,
industrial hemp, mandatory testing for pesticides, and the production of
diverse medical applications, including carbon based extractions and
edibles.

"We are business owners and we give back to our communities, both in the
service to a healthier Montana but also in supporting positive economic
development," Rich Abromeit of Montana Advance Caregivers in Billings said.
"I am thrilled to see this industry finally embraced and supported by our
leaders in the State Capitol. Its time has come."

*Panel topics include:*

   *INAUGURAL MONTANA CANNABIS CONFERENCE*

*Friday, February 9, 2018 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Montana State Capitol, Old
   Supreme Court Chambers*

   10:00 am to 10:45 am:

   The Farmers: Industrial Hemp, Cultivation Science, Smart Cultivation
   Solutions Rooted in Experience

   10:45 am to 11:15 am:
   Metrc: Safe Regulation through Seed to Sale Tracking

   11:15 am to 12:00 pm:

   Marijuana Infused Products Providers: Extraction Scientists and Edible
   Chefs Sourcing Your Patient Needs

   12:00 pm to 12:30 pm
   Break

   12:30 pm to 1:00 pm

   Analytical Testing Labs: From Quality Assurance to Saving Lives

   1:00 pm to 1:45 pm:
   Show Me the Money: Taxes and Economic Development

   1:45 pm to 2:30 pm:

   Patient Centered Access: Opioid Addiction, Veterans and Native Issues,
   Chronic Pain, Criminal Justice Reform

   2:30 pm to 3:15 pm:
   Leave Your Lawyer Jokes at the Door! Regulatory Compliance, State and
   Federal Law, Local Government Ordinances

   3:15 pm to 4:00 pm:

   Building a Cannabis Community: Relationships Matter, Education, and
   Advertising

You can find more information about the Cannabis Way, Montana Chapter, at
WWW.TheCannabisWay.org or on Facebook at THE CANNABIS WAY, MONTANA
CHAPTER.  The nonprofit represents that largest coalition of medical
marijuana industry stakeholders in the State of Montana. It is free to join
and exists solely to promote education in industry best practices, as well
as regulatory and legal compliance.  For questions about the one (1) day
conference, contact Representative Ellie Hill Smith (Missoula) at
406-218-9608 <(406)%20218-9608> or EllieHillHD94 at gmail.com

**END**

*Ellie Hill SmithRepresentative                         House District 90 *
*NCSL Executive Board of Directors*
University Plaza
100 Ryman Street, Suite 700
Missoula, Montana 59802