[MCN] JRPC's 4th Un-Conference is June 9

Jeannette Rankin Peace Center peace at jrpc.org
Fri Jun 1 17:37:59 EDT 2018

 The Jeannette Rankin Peace Center presents “*Seeing the Elephant: Why Does
My World Look Different From Yours?*” a daylong “un-conference”Saturday,
June 9, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm at University Congregational Church, 405
University Avenue.  Our world is changing rapidly.  It demands that we
learn to cut through the mounting divisions that keep us separated to meet
the unquestionable challenges of the emerging future together. When
divisions dominate—whether politics, economics, cultures, issues, or
opinions—we remain stuck in a worldview that is destined to fail. We are
calling attention to the age-old parable of the blind men who each "see"
different parts of the elephant and believe it to be the truth. There are
many things that contribute to our different visions -- the blindfolds we
wear, the culture we live in, and the politics, religion or other
perspectives we believe in.  We ask you to join us as we search for the
courage, compassion, and respect to learn new skills, build these new
connections, and see beyond our own perspectives. The event is free and
open to the public; lunch, snacks, and evening reception included.
Donations accepted. For more information contact: peace at jrpc.org.

Betsy Mulligan-Dague, Executive Director
Jeannette Rankin Peace Center
...working to build a world that is nonviolent, socially just and
environmentally sustainable...
519 S. Higgins
Missoula, MT 59801
Phone: 406-543-3955