[MCN] Call for Stories on the theme "It's Complicated"

Tell Us Something marc at tellussomething.org
Sun Jun 24 17:22:03 EDT 2018

Hello, everyone,

Please share far and wide with members of your organization, populations
with whom you work, and anyone else you think might be interested in
pitching a story for the October 2 Missoula Tell Us Something LIVE EVENT.
I'm trying to do a better job at outreach, and you are the people I
currently know to notify. If you can think of anyone else I should add to
my list, please let me know.

Note that there are no visual aids at a Tell Us Something event (no PPT, no
video, no podium). Tell Us Something is not a place to sell anything,
prophesize or brag. Tell Us Something has a zero-tolerance policy on hate
speech of any kind.

Thanks,

Marc Moss

News Release
Attention: Editor
06.24.2018
Marc Moss
Tell Us Something
tellussomething.org
Find us on Facebook <http://facebook.com/tellussomething>
twitter.com/pssttellus
youtube.com/tellussomething

Daytime phone: 406.546.3855
Email address: Marc at tellussomething.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
WHAT:  CALL FOR STORIES on the theme "It's Complicated"
PITCH DEADLINE: AUGUST 25, 2018

DETAILS:
Tell Us Something is a celebration of storytelling, of the Missoula
community, and of each other.
Your story matters! Now is the chance for you to pitch your story to be
considered for sharing the night of the live event.

Tell Us Something is calling for *YOU* to pitch your true story on the
theme “It's Complicated”.

8 storytellers will be selected to share their true personal story from
memory on the theme “ It's Complicated ”.

The live event is on October 2. The required workshop takes place on
September 13.

CALL 406.203.4683 TO PITCH YOUR STORIES.

Members from our deaf community are welcome to pitch a story here.
https://www.tellussomething.org/tell-a-story

Pitch deadline is AUGUST 25, 2018.

The Tell Us Something advisory board will listen to all pitches after the
deadline and select 8 storytellers for the event.

ABOUT: Tell Us Something awakens imagination, empowers storytellers and
connects the community through the transformative power of personal
storytelling. It is a celebration of each other, our stories and how we
move through the world together. All of the stories at Tell Us Something
are true.  Stories last for 10 minutes and are told from memory. Everyone
is welcome to tell a story. There is a theme for each event. Tell Us
Something is fiscally sponsored by the Missoula Community Foundation, a
501(c)(3) organization.

###

--
Marc Moss