[MCN] Without a price on carbon, "our goose will be cooked"

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Tue Oct 9 11:54:18 EDT 2018

Financial Times  MARCH 28, 2018

Martin Wolf is the Financial Times’ chief economics columnist. Here’s what he told his influential readers;

“Carbon pricing is a good idea whose time has not yet come. But it has to do so. “

“ … carbon pricing remains a sleeping giant. Yet needed progress will not be achieved if it does not awake. The difficulties in meeting agreed objectives in our fractured world are enormous. The chances are high that the effort will fail. If so, our goose will be cooked.”

https://www.ft.com/content/2d9490f2-1291-11e8-a765-993b2440bd73 <https://www.ft.com/content/2d9490f2-1291-11e8-a765-993b2440bd73>

“The most painful and expensive way to deal with global climate change will be to ignore it until
something happens that elicits powerful public demands for immediate and Draconian action.”

Jonathan Lash. “As the earth heats up. “
Journal of Commerce, August 16, 1996.
“Here we review evidence that the global ecosystem as a whole ... is approaching a
planetary-scale critical transition as a result of human influence."

Barnovsky et al. Approaching a state shift in Earth’s biosphere. Nature Volume 486, 07 June 2012

doi:10.1038/nature11018