[MCN] Rise Up for the Climate Today!

Jeffrey J. Smith yswolfhowl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 10:21:05 EDT 2018

There's a feisty gathering, *HOWL FOR A FOSSIL FREE FUTURE
<http://www.350montana.org/event/northwestern-energy-popup-8-7-2018/>!*,
*today,
Friday, September 7, at Noon*, at 1903 South Russell Street in Missoula. If
you’re as committed to a fossil fuel free future as 350 Montana is, and
you’re as pissed at the Trump reversals and our elected officials fiddling
while our planet and our beautiful state burn, I hope you’ll join us for
this surprise demonstration.

It's the kick-off for 350.org's RISE UP FOR THE CLIMATE weekend.

Here's a map:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1903+S+Russell+St,+Missoula,+MT+59801/@46.8531086,-114.0211679,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x535dcde90a947029:0xf5ba9c9832a9c7f9!8m2!3d46.8531086!4d-114.0189792?hl=en

Bring drums, whistles, a loud voice, and as many friends as you can.

*And be ready to howl! It will feel good.* More than 90 percent of
Montanans support building more solar infrastructure, with more than 87
percent favoring more wind energy. With the Colstrip plants closing, with a
huge backbone of hydro-power, and with some of the best solar and wind
resources in the world, Montanans have an opportunity to be the first state
in the U.S. to move from coal-fired, carbon-polluting Colstrip to a new
generation of clean energy resources.

But have you heard anything about this huge decision that will affect our
future and, more importantly, the future of our children and grandchildren?
Has anyone sought your opinion about the next billion dollar electrical
generation project? Do you want NorthWestern Energy to build another
generation of fossil fuel generators, ever worsening our climate?

But there are some bad actors out there, spending millions of dollars
lobbying to stay with the fossil fuels. We need to confront, reject, and
shame them, describe what they’re doing, and make sure the citizens of
Montana make the decision about what kinds of energy replace Colstrip.

So . . . we’ll hope to see you today at the “Pop Up” demonstration.

Jeff Smith, co-chair, 350 Montana