[MCN] Climate emergency? Who says!?

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Tue Apr 30 11:57:56 EDT 2019

Two-thirds of Britons agree planet is in a climate emergency ... <https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/apr/30/two-thirds-of-britons-agree-planet-is-in-a-climate-emergency>
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/apr/30/two-thirds-of-britons-agree-planet-is-in-a-climate-emergency
10 hours ago ... Two-thirds of people in the UK recognise there is a climate emergency and 76% say that they would cast their vote differently to protect the ...
Climate Emergency Declarations — The Climate Mobilization <https://www.theclimatemobilization.org/climate-emergency-declarations>
https://www.theclimatemobilization.org/climate-emergency-declarations
Climate Emergency Declarations Campaign. Local governments across the planet are officially joining the Climate Emergency Movement.
Councils declaring climate emergency: new hope for climate action ... <https://www.campaigncc.org/councils_climate_emergency>
https://www.campaigncc.org/councils_climate_emergency
Scientists make it clear - we're facing a climate emergency. On 8th October 2018, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) released a vital report ...
Climate Emergency | Campaign against Climate Change <https://www.campaigncc.org/climateemergency.shtml>
https://www.campaigncc.org/climateemergency.shtml
Climate Emergency. We are in a Global Climate Emergency. The situation is much worse than we are told by those in power and much worse than the day to ...
Climate Emergency Declaration - Call to declare a climate emergency <https://climateemergencydeclaration.org/>
https://climateemergencydeclaration.org/
Call to declare a climate emergency. ... This was the climate emergency declaration petition text we wrote in 2016: Given that: • climate impacts are already ...
Climate emergency declarations in 507 councils cover 43 million citizens <https://climateemergencydeclaration.org/climate-emergency-declarations-cover-15-million-citizens/>
https://climateemergencydeclaration.org/climate-emergency-declarations-cover-15-million-citizens/
3 days ago ... Populations covered by governments that have declared a climate emergency now exceed 43 million citizens in four English-speaking ...
Declare a Climate Emergency - Action Network <https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/climateemergency/>
https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/climateemergency/
We have until 2030 to take positive action which limits climate catastrophe. We call on Parliament to declare a climate emergency immediately.
Declare a Climate Emergency | Go Zero Carbon by 2030 <https://climateemergency.uk/>
https://climateemergency.uk/
59 1st (Unitary, County, Metropolitan) & 2nd (District, Borough, City) tier Councils have declared a 'Climate Emergency'. 42 of these have set a target...
CACE - Home <http://www.caceonline.org/>
http://www.caceonline.org/
By declaring a climate emergency that includes a call for immediate and urgent action to reverse global warming, your council can add its voice to over 400 ...

"Forests of the Americas and the Caribbean are undergoing rapid change as human populations increase ….. 80% of the forest types and 85% of the current forest area is potentially threatened”

Open access article here: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/conl.12623