[MCN] Summer Jobs with Environment Montana

Ingrid Archibald iarchibald at fundstaff.org
Tue Apr 30 12:46:33 EDT 2019

Environment Montana is hiring campaign staff for our No Bees, No Food
campaign here in Missoula. We're working with the Fund for the Public
Interest to canvass for our campaign through the month of May. If you're
interested or know anyone who might be interested, you should apply and
we'll reach out to you.

You can also feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any
questions!

Here's the job description:

If you are looking to make a difference working to protect the environment
and public health, gain real-world work experience, make money, and work
with great people, then this is the job for you. The skills and experience
you will gain in one summer are great resume-builders and will last far
beyond the summer you spend with us.

Our Mission:

The Fund for the Public Interest is a national, nonprofit organization that
runs campaigns for America’s leading environmental and social change
organizations, such as Environment America. We launched the Fund in 1982 to
help find ways to engage people on the most pressing problems of our day
and turn that support into solutions. By having face-to-face, one-on-one
conversations we give thousands, sometimes millions of people the
opportunity for their voices to be heard -- through petitions, emails,
small donations and meetings. That’s people power, and that’s what it takes
to make change.

This summer, we will be working with U.S. PIRG and Environment America to
stand up to polluters, tackle global warming and keep pesticides out of our
food supply.

Job Description:

We currently have paid canvasser and field manager positions open in
Missoula. These are full-time summer positions available at an average of
$360 to $560 per week.

As a canvasser you will:

   -

   Educate and engage citizens on pressing equality issues.
   -

   Build membership and raise money for environmental and social change
   groups.
   -

   Track funds raised, campaign goals met and new members identified while
   canvassing.

As a field manager, in addition to canvassing every day, you will:

   -

   Help the directors launch the campaign and build a team of staff this
   summer.
   -

   Recruit, train and manage a team of staff in the office and in the field.
   -

   Develop the strategy to meet or exceed the campaign’s goals for
   fundraising and membership identification.
   -

   Meet with the directors each week to evaluate progress and provide input
   on hiring decisions, goals and priorities.

You will also have the opportunity to organize press conferences and build
coalitions with other nonprofit organizations. While on staff, you will
gain knowledge of pressing concerns facing our country, learn how to
effectively generate public support, and obtain a firm understanding of the
political process.

Why Apply?

Whether you’re starting a career in politics or looking for an opportunity
to gain communication and leadership experience, working in a summer
canvass office allows you to learn skills you’ll need to be successful well
into the future. You should apply if you want to…

   -

   Make a real difference on these issues.
   -

   Get experience with grassroots mobilization, fundraising and working
   with the media.
   -

   Gain the skills and experiences needed to launch a career in nonprofit,
   political or grassroots organizing.
   -

   Build long-lasting relationships with a team of people from all across
   the country who share your interests and concerns on important issues.

Qualifications

   -

   Passion for social change.
   -

   Excellent communication skills.
   -

   Strong work ethic.

Previous experience with staff management or leadership may improve
candidacy.

Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color,
national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, or
veteran status.

--
Ingrid Archibald

Assistant Director, Fund for the Public Interest
415 N. Higgins, Ste. 7
Missoula, MT 59802
(323) 376-6555
iarchibald at fundstaff.org