[MCN] Fwd: The Montana Outdoor Heritage Project is coming to you

Connie Poten rattlefarm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 13:35:43 EDT 2019

Hi Friends,
Hope you can attend this Heritage talk on June 15th for a couple of hours
and help make sure trapping is not considered a Montana heritage.
Conservation organizations like the Montana Wilderness Association steer
clear of taking sides on trapping. It's up to us to make sure trapping is
not included for protection!  Please try to make it. Thanks!
If you can attend, please let Peg know.
pegster153 at hotmail.

>From Peg Brownlee:

I really think Footloose needs to be represented at this!  The MWA has
periodic meetings about this “project”.  I have repeatedly voiced my
objection to the word “heritage”, to no avail.
I will be able to go, but am hoping for “reinforcements” to state our
concerns about trapping on public lands.  This could be a really good
opportunity, if our statements are factual, compelling and non-emotional.
Trappers could potentially be there, too, as they have a vested interest in
keeping trapping open on public lands.  Our having a *former *trapper there
would be great.  Also, having people who hunt or fish but who object to
trapping.
Please pass along to others, and let’s see if we can get a group together.
Have them let you (or me) know, so perhaps we can prepare for making a
friendly, respectful statement, or at least have a loose plan.
Thanks!!

Hi Constance,

The
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=VxYImxVni9ylY0gksFtUYFcnmN05lNRs>
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zXnaFKJ%2F%2FLY%2FiStQV2elT6FASsWR0Cpn>
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=TayTUnvIOVHM2fQBSg%2FaJFcnmN05lNRs>Montana
Outdoor Heritage Project (MOHP)
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=OMiR4Zw0dCuE6AVBEke6G1cnmN05lNRs>
is coming to Oxbow Cattle Company, between Missoula and Lolo, and *I would
like to personally invite you to participate in this community conversation
about the future of Montana's wild and working landscapes.*

*MOHP Community Conversation*
* Thursday, August 15th*
* 6 - 8 p.m.*
* Oxbow Cattle Company **(in the blue barn)*
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=QSkAhkEdnakSvF1OYJ2imFcnmN05lNRs>*
6216 Haugan Drive, Missoula*

MOHP is a collaboration of Montana citizens, small businesses, conservation
and recreation groups, and local communities interested in* conserving,
maintaining, and investing in our water, wildlife, working lands, and
shared outdoor way of life. *

We are leading a robust public discussion, with a goal of
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=qXWtlXLZ7ZK6CW%2FLOULY21cnmN05lNRs>hearing
from more than 10,000 Montanans
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=tlmG0DEWdmCK4hjWH2kqOVcnmN05lNRs>
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=hrAfRxqIRzCwUroSPYDALlcnmN05lNRs>
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=uy3HgChD5ybQ4uxUvLhzdVcnmN05lNRs>
by October. Montana depends on our public lands, and your participation in
this process is critical to protect our outdoor heritage for future
generations.

*Montanans have always worked together to solve the challenges facing our
state, so I hope that you'll be part of the conversation.*
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=OQ2pZN5ayBc0%2BIuUaJn6KVcnmN05lNRs>Please
feel free to invite anyone else who would like to have their voice heard.
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=TYTsgLZX7RQ96TLicJXRUFcnmN05lNRs>
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=sBfqgO4rzTZ7LNFy9voxdFcnmN05lNRs>
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Qb%2BnFTK1CMXYCfHeD2vKoVcnmN05lNRs>

For more information or to RSVP, please contact me at
<jfoster at wildmontana.org>jfoster at wildmontana.org.

*- Jacob Foster, MWA public lands field organizer  *

MWA is on AmazonSmile!
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0x8Lh%2FXHsYmhKmUK4q%2FVRlcnmN05lNRs>
Please consider making us your charity of choice,
or if you really want to show us some love, donate to MWA.
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=uvp%2BbRdd2doDvfeq802nE1cnmN05lNRs>
Connect with Us

[image: Facebook]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BV5f%2BYsBDz%2FOs0gCejMY4lcnmN05lNRs>
[image:
Twitter]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=C8AsRILjcmwc8a6bY%2Fir3FcnmN05lNRs>
[image:
LinkedIn]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=E8gwDya5Xewa8w87En9Sf1cnmN05lNRs>
[image:
YouTube]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=1PgfFgxt24%2BkCPIncNP861cnmN05lNRs>
[image:
RSS]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3iJTjYmUfjEGYLnW%2BKHwmaFASsWR0Cpn>
[image:
Donate]
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=L%2B21czscUE3faolLXDc30FcnmN05lNRs>

Montana Wilderness Association
80 S. Warren
Helena, MT 59601
mwa at wildmontana.org

Manage Communications Preferences
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=FRJZ3qxdseXS%2BI%2Bt%2FTOCkVcnmN05lNRs>

Unsubscribe
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7%2FoUsfpmqE7vmgjUtttgA6FASsWR0Cpn>

[image: empowered by Salsa] <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email>

--
Constance J. Poten
4175 Rattlesnake Drive

*DISCLAIMER*:
This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and
may contain confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this
message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes,
or disclose its contents to any other person without permission from its
author. Thank you for your cooperation.