[MCN] Women's Giving Circle of Missoula County - 2019 Grant Opportunity

Miranda Henrich miranda at missoulacommunityfoundation.org
Wed Aug 14 13:52:16 EDT 2019

                                     13-Aug-19

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Women’s Giving Circle of Missoula County is accepting applications

for its 2019 Grant Cycle!

The Women’s Giving Circle of Missoula County is accepting applications for
its 2019 grant cycle. This cycle will focus on organizations that benefit
the environment. The Women’s Giving Circle of Missoula County aims to
engage women in diverse backgrounds with varying wealth levels to build
community and grow philanthropy.

“Our members vote to decide the focus of each cycle, this cycle the
environment was the chosen topic. Our last grant focused on women and
children, “ said Nikki Robb, Program Manager at the Missoula Community
Foundation. “We are excited to review applications and learn about all the
innovate programs in our community that impact our environment.”

The Women’s Giving Circle of Missoula County was formed in 2018 and is a
diverse, dynamic and generous group of women engaged in an exciting venture
of strategic philanthropy. Organized by the Missoula Community Foundation
in partnership with the Women’s Foundation of Montana, women collectively
pool their resources in order to leverage their gifts significantly each
year for a worthy local organization! The circle is run by its members and
the members vote on who receives funding. A donation to the Women’s Giving
Circle allows you membership.

The mission of the Women’s Giving Circle is to inspire collaborative giving
to strengthen our community. Their vision is a community where all gifts
have value, all donors have a voice, and all Missoula County benefits.

Last year, the Women’s Giving Circle awarded a $10,000 grant with
contributions from 80 women to the Missoula Food Bank to benefit a program
of theirs focused on engaging women who have lived in poverty. The Lived
Experience Voices and Leaders, or LEVL Program is led by women who have
experienced poverty and encourages them to find solutions to hunger based
on that experience. Learn more about the LEVL Program HERE
<http://missoulafoodbank.org/programs/help-end-hunger/levl-program/>.

“I am grateful to be a part of a group of women who are open to new ideas,
who challenge my thinking, who build consensus, and who invest in our
community quite literally. Their passion, commitment and generosity magnify
my own. We give together, we decide together, and together we are changing
our community for the better.” – Molly Stockdale, Giving Circle Member and
Executive Director at Traveler’s Rest Preservation & Heritage Association.

Requests for funding should clearly demonstrate how funds will be used to
benefit the environment. They circle also has values that guide their grant
making decisions, community, equity, and opportunity. The application
period will open August 15th and applications are due on September 15th.
Grants will be awarded in November. For more information on how to apply CLICK
HERE
<https://missoulacommunityfoundation.submittable.com/submit/032864dc-f0d2-4fa0-9631-dd5f9b1c7a54/womens-giving-circle-of-missoula-county-nonprofit-grant-application>
.

It’s not too late to join the circle and vote for this year’s grant winner! The
circle requires a minimum donation of $120 and they have a tiered
membership to allow for socio-economic diversity. You can give monthly,
quarterly, or all at once. Become a member today by donating online (click
here) <https://missoulacommunityfoundation.org/give/womens-giving-circle/>
or contact the Missoula Community Foundation, #406-926-2846.

Learn more about being a part of the Women’s Giving Circle Missoula
via our Facebook
Page <https://www.facebook.com/WGCMslaCounty/> or by contacting Nikki Robb
at Nikki at MissoulaCommunityFoundation.org or #406-926-2846.