[MCN] Cause for cheer, reason for hope: Republicans are beginning to see it like it is

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Thu Aug 29 14:56:48 EDT 2019

Surge in young Republicans worried about the environment: survey <https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEB64TAztZ7_YowF7WUH9tFUqFQgEKg0IACoGCAowt6AMMLAmMJSCDg?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen>
A growing majority of U.S. Republicans, especially younger voters, are worried that human behavior is damaging the planet, according to a survey of global ...
Reuters <https://news.google.com/publications/CAAqBggKMLegDDCwJg?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen>
7 hours ago

“We don’t need to guard against alarmism, against depression, against anger, against despair when it comes to climate change.”

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2017/07/we_are_not_alarmed_enough_about_climate_change.html

Excerpt:  "Environmental psychologist Susi Moser, also talks about the importance of acknowledging our underlying fears and distress about climate change as an important coping strategy. Moser (2012) calls it ‘the bravest thing’ – getting real, accepting reality without illusions, and accepting that better tomorrows may not come.”

https://www.isthishowyoufeel.com/blog/how-do-people-cope-with-feelings-about-climate-change-so-that-they-stay-engaged-and-take-action