[MCN] Wilderness Lecture Series Event

Kelly, Patrick patrick.kelly at mso.umt.edu
Mon Jan 28 15:30:02 EST 2019

Hello there,

The Wilderness Institute is presenting the second installment of the 2019 Wilderness Lecture Series tomorrow, Tuesday, January 29th from 7pm-8:20pm in UM's Gallagher Business Building, room 123. The lecture is free and open to the public!  If you could post this announcement on the community news site it would be much appreciated.  Please see the full description of lecture below:

Public lands policy firebrand, Dr. Martin Nie, and the Wilderness Institute invite students and interested citizens to Public Lands: A Love Story.

>From the attractive spark between public lands and democracy to the heartbreak of the current public lands transfer movement to inspiration for our future romance with public lands, Nie invites dialogue about his love story, your love story with public lands.

Join us for this free public lecture and discussion on public lands, Tuesday, January 29 at 7 p.m. in Gallagher Business Building 123 on the University of Montana campus.

Nie is professor of natural resource policy in the W.A. Franke College of Forestry and Conservation and the director of the Bolle Center for People and Forests. His talk is the second in the Wild Hope: Fearless Risk Takers, Art Markers and Storytellers on Wilderness and Conservation Front Lines lecture series, presented by the Wilderness Institute. The Wilderness Issues Lecture Series continues weekly until March 5.

http://www.cfc.umt.edu/wi/default.php<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cfc.umt.edu%2Fwi%2Fdefault.php%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1aMRjQj03z37xsSGnF001bi1Bf97BqrT9HOyL9zHSqvMALIUqTfHzGdrE&h=AT1PjbpeYxrJDhj4vDaxGwhJ7OHIp_J3tgY2TAgkq5rNk6Lmfml1m4CvCd4FrzI9JZ8XAfEyJITA2kUwcsSFhlmkyRDxACuQaVQbtliC8xCG5BvhP8OmXSqt639rGOp8Htd2HbFXqmZ409MNyaTUtar8sdzJ0vdAzJI57lkb2jpIDikey8STz0bzPwfE_dxlYzqQ2k9QHR38M7TnTsOOW52DbNUUsVzzqiHO76w93uYgdPiGiuqSBrIBjRlTzvmQvl0cZVgWULlwQc_9jgXOPuWEMrllV6NkmoC0aLpkkHyjaOh-mfgefkIkaGZQBD46sIPvFxbPW3ZcQE-PTKAiO1ruWQETsxDEf2JX7DAPfJRfBzolqlOR6B37Tg3OZut926TO7v4ubMOGgAc9c4emoFMzHTQP_v4DePtx0yYuErJOMuaLub3ItlYDbO4vvzn0z3OdTbSynFYMtbeBsq_npziIBO4eDZVpoq2r5ajnp4Dj0u0r41d97MkIuTouMe1cqN_zNqTjId8V3wQDYbbQYmcjFopkcWYhPkalniw>

Contact: Joanna Campbell, Director of Education Programs, Wilderness Institute - 406-243-6956

Feel free to contact me with any questions.  Thanks!

Patrick Kelly, PhD
Assistant to Director of Education Programs
Wilderness Institute
patrick.kelly at mso.umt.edu<mailto:patrick.kelly at mso.umt.edu>