[MCN] Greta Thunberg

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Fri Jul 19 09:49:15 EDT 2019

“I don’t know if people in my generation are willing to change their habits and lifestyles. We want to be like everyone else.”

“We can’t keep thinking that way.”
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/vb9zpb/watch-our-new-film-about-the-climate-strikes-make-the-world-greta-again <https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/vb9zpb/watch-our-new-film-about-the-climate-strikes-make-the-world-greta-again>

** Greta Thunberg wasn’t 1st to talk of climate and panic**

Hans Joachim Schellenhuber. “Global warming: Stop worrying and start panicking?”
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 2008
[ open access ] https://www.pnas.org/content/105/38/14239 <https://www.pnas.org/content/105/38/14239>

“The climate scientist James Hansen has called two-degree warming “a prescription for long-term disaster.”

Robert Watson, a former director of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, has argued that three-degree warming is the realistic minimum.

The prospect of a five-degree warming has prompted some of the world’s leading climate scientists to warn of the end of human civilization.”

<<https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/01/magazine/climate-change-losing-earth.html <https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/01/magazine/climate-change-losing-earth.html>>>