[MCN] Join the Historical Museum June 16th for Memories from Behind the Lines - Vietnam War Lecture Series #2

Jessie Rogers jrogers at missoulacounty.us
Tue Jun 11 13:17:56 EDT 2019

The Historical Museum at Fort Missoula Presents

the Vietnam War Summer Lecture Series: Part 2

Memories from Behind the Lines

Long Binh 1969
A Presentation on the Vietnam War by Veteran
Victor Machart
Sunday, June 16th from 2:00pm-3:30pm
HMFM's Vietnam War Lecture Series now takes us behind the lines with Victor Machart. Victor will speak of his Vietnam War experience using the uniquely beautiful photographs taken while he was stationed at Long Binh Base in 1969.
Candid photos of barrack and office life, fellow soldiers, Vietnamese civilians and base scenes, ambushed convoys and jungle sweeps, the resort town of Vung Tau's, and even a Bob Hope USO show.
To prepare for this presentation, Victor referred to diaries he kept at the time to confirm the names of the faces and places he crossed paths with 50 years ago. Join us as we go "in the rear with the gear' with Victor Machart!
This is the second segment of a summer long series exploring the Vietnam War from several perspectives.
Program will be held at The Historical Museum at Fort Missoula. Admission is free and open to the public.
For more information contact the Historical Museum at (406)-258-3473, or keyjolfsson at missoulacounty.us<mailto:keyjolfsson at missoulacounty.us> or visit our Facebook Page (The Historical Museum at Fort Missoula) https://www.facebook.com/events/2059652554338174/<https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=facebook.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZmFjZWJvb2suY29tL2V2ZW50cy8yMDU5NjUyNTU0MzM4MTc0Lw==&e=anJvZ2Vyc0BtaXNzb3VsYWNvdW50eS51cw==&t=UjZXclVRNDlvTjJ4U1BFcEtWcjJDVmFicWp0YkRjWWJJZE1lL0p3eFlsWT0=>.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D5114E.D9AAD330]

Sláinte (To Health!),

Jessie

Jessie Rogers
Development & Communications Director
Historical Museum at Fort Missoula
406-258-3479

"While we are living in the present, we must celebrate life every day, knowing that we are becoming history with every work, every action, every deed."  ---  Mattie Stepanek
Messages and attachments sent to or from this e-mail account may be considered public or private records depending on the message content. Unless otherwise exempted from the public records law, senders and receivers of County email should presume that the email are subject to release upon request. This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, please notify the sender immediately, do not forward the message to anyone, and delete all copies.