[MCN] Making Kindness Your Religion: Public Talks w/ Don Handrick

Osel Shen Phen Ling oselshenphenling at gmail.com
Mon May 6 16:15:21 EDT 2019

Hello Missoulians,

The Osel Shen Phen Ling community invite you to our last two opportunities
with our wonderful visiting teacher Don Handrick! Don will follow up his
excellent weekend workshop Finding Calm in the Storm with two public talks
this Tuesday and Wednesday.

*Making Kindness Your Religion, Tues., May 7, 7pm - 8:30pm*

“My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.” This beloved quote
from His Holiness the Dalai Lama shows the basic philosophy of Buddhism and
the shared practice of kindness essential to all faiths. Don will help us
explore the practices of living with loving kindness and examine ways to
overcome attitudes that keep our hearts from opening fully.

*Joy Trumps Fear, Wed., May 8, 7pm - 8:30pm*

Fear can lead to anxiety, anger and paralysis, making us unable to react
constructively to the sources of that fear. With a joyful attitude we
confront and overcome fear to find inner peace, allowing us to navigate our
modern world more skillfully. Join us as Don helps us investigate the
methods to cultivate and deepen true joy in our daily lives to triumph over
fear.
----
Don Handrick is a graduate of FPMT's intensive 7-year Master of Buddhist
Studies program, one of the most in-depth courses of study for lay
practitioners in the Gelug Tibetan tradition. Don has served as resident
teacher at Thubten Norbu Ling in Santa Fe, NM since 2006. He's renowned for
his deep knowledge of the Buddhadharma and easy going teaching style,
perfect for Western students. Don only visits Missoula once a year so this
is an excellent opportunity!

Suggested donation is $20 per event but we do not charge for teachings and
events: suggested donations help OSPL cover expenses and offering to our
teachers. Both talks will take place at our Downtown meditation center, 500
N. Higgins, #208A, in the First Call building across from the Iron Horse.
One of Missoula's oldest meditation centers, OSPL is an affiliated center
within the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition
(FPMT). More info is available at fpmt.org and osel-fpmt.org. Contact us at
oselshenphenling at gmail.com with any questions.

Thank you all for everything each of you do to make the world a more
peaceful and compassionate place.

Big Love,
Bill Pfeiffer
OSPL Spiritual Program Coordinator

--
*Osel Shen Phen Ling*
500 N. Higgins Ave., #208A
oselshenphenling at gmail.com
www.fpmt-osel.org

*Osel Shen Phen Ling means "Land of Clear Light Benefiting Others" in
Tibetan. We are a Buddhist center practicing Buddhadharma in the Tibetan
Gelug tradition and based in Missoula, MT, USA.  OSPL is an affiliated
center within the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition
(FPMT), a world-wide organization under the direction of Kyabje Lama Zopa
Rinpoche.  Find out more at www.fpmt-osel.org <http://www.fpmt-osel.org>
and www.fpmt.org <http://www.fpmt.org>.*