[MCN] Join us. Public Open Houses - Climate Resiliency Planning + just-released draft Vulnerabilities Assessment

Amy Cilimburg amy at climatesmartmissoula.org
Tue May 7 08:59:44 EDT 2019

Join us this week and/or next...

*May 8 + May 16* - two drop-in style Open Houses to learn more and provide
input for *Climate Ready Communities: Building Resiliency in Missoula
County*, a joint planning effort brought to you by Missoula County, Climate
Smart Missoula, and the City of Missoula.

We recently released a *draft Vulnerability Assessment *and are seeking
input (read about this via the Missoula Current
<https://www.missoulacurrent.com/opinion/2019/05/missoula-climate-resiliency/>
or Missoulian
<https://missoulian.com/news/local/report-outlines-sobering-climate-change-impacts-on-missoula-area/article_d5499db2-8028-52e6-b60b-8a365301c5d5.html>).
Please join us for the following *Public Open Houses* to learn more about
this effort and review our Vulnerability Assessment, which will guide the
development of resiliency strategies for our area.

*WHEN:* Wednesday May 8, 4- 6 PM and/or Thursday May 16, noon- 1:30 PM. See May
8 Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/events/2214965078550831/> or May 16
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/events/580430339129613/>.

*WHERE:* Missoula County Courthouse, Sophie Moiese Room (enter from Pine
St, first room on right)

*WHO:* Everyone is welcome to attend. Please share this invitation with
your colleagues, neighbors and friends.

*WHAT:* A drop-in style open house to learn about this community planning
effort and provide input on climate vulnerabilities for Missoula County.
Help us determine what and who are most vulnerable as our local climate
changes. This is an important step in an 18 month process that started in
the summer of 2018.

Learn more about this resiliency planning effort, see our timeline, check
out the draft Vulnerability Assessment, and provide feedback here
<https://www.missoulaclimate.org/resiliency-planning.html>.

If you cannot attend our open houses, do check out the Vulnerability
Assessment and fill out the online comment form
<https://www.missoulaclimate.org/resiliency-planning.html>. Public comment
closes for this part of the process May 19.

*Project Leads*

Diana Maneta, Energy Conservation and Sustainability Coordinator, Missoula
County; dmaneta at missoulacounty.us
Amy Cilimburg, Executive Director, Climate Smart Missoula;
amy at climatesmartmissoula.org
Chase Jones, Energy Conservation and Climate Action Coordinator, City of
Missoula; cjones at ci.missoula.mt.us

THANK YOU!

--
Amy Cilimburg
Executive Director, Climate Smart Missoula
o:406.926.2847; c:406.465.1141
ClimateSmartMissoula.org <http://www.missoulaclimate.org/>