[MCN] David Attenborough On Why We Can't Let the Coronavirus Obstruct Climate Action

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Thu Apr 2 08:48:49 EDT 2020

David Attenborough On Why We Can't Let the Coronavirus Obstruct Climate Action
We can't let one emergency make us forget about a larger one.

Read in Green Matters: https://apple.news/AJgTiM4hyPY6cCwDi5LqKhA <https://apple.news/AJgTiM4hyPY6cCwDi5LqKhA>

Or: https://www.greenmatters.com/p/david-attenborough-coronavirus-climate-crisis <https://www.greenmatters.com/p/david-attenborough-coronavirus-climate-crisis>

Each emergency needs all of us

“It’s time that everyone, from the humble homeowner to the highest levels of business and government, rethink their relationship with energy and take action.

"Relying on renewables alone won’t be enough.”

<<https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikehughes1/2019/08/02/climate-change-18-months-to-save-the-world/#166763c749bd>>

“Collective action works; we have proved that. But to change everything, we need everyone.

"Each and every one of us must participate in the climate resistance movement.”

Greta Thunberg, youth climate strike leader in Sweden.
Luisa Neubauer, German climate activist.
Angela Valenzuela, Fridays for Future in Santiago, Chile.

<<https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/11/29/why-we-strike-again>>