[MCN] luxuriant environmentalism book; free permaculture videos to pass the time

paul wheaton paul at richsoil.com
Thu Apr 2 12:41:46 EDT 2020

Hello Missoula,

Last year I wrote a book about solving world problems at home without
being angy at bad guys.  I had a very successful kickstarter and ended
up as one of the most popular non-fiction books ever sold on
kicktarter.

Here is the blurb from the back of the book:

---

Luxuriant Environmentalism

Make a huge, positive, global difference from your own home!
Prioritize comfort over sacrifice while saving thousands of dollars.
Explore dozens of solutions and their impacts on carbon footprint,
petroleum footprint, toxic footprint, and other environmental issues.

If 20% of the population implemented half the solutions in this book,
it would solve the biggest global problems. All without writing to
politicians, joining protests, signing petitions, or being angry at
the people that are causing the problems.

Good solutions are often different from conventional environmental
wisdom. The average American adult has a carbon footprint of 30 tons
per year. Replacing a petroleum car with an electric car will cut 2
tons. But if you live in a cold climate and you switch from electric
heat to a rocket mass heater, you will cut 27 tons!

Join Paul and Shawn on a journey featuring simple alternatives that
you may have never heard of — alternatives which are about building a
more symbiotic relationship with nature so we can all be even lazier.

Nurture nature and nature nurtures us all.

---

You can see the table of contents, plus get information about buying
the physical book, the ebook and the audiobook, plus a bunch of
reviews and stuff here: https://permies.com/bwb

The reviews are solid.   32 reviews on amazon with an average of 4.9
stars.   I sincerly think that if enough people read this book, the
most serious global problems will melt away.

I want to go on about my experiments for saving the world, and how you
all can come out to my place near missoula and participate, and all of
my other creations, and my massive web sites, and list off all the
people who I think are doing the most to change the world for the
better, but I have a greater purpose for this email.  I simply want to
get an idea of how many people will actually read an email like this.
Send me an email telling me if you prefer ebook or audiobook and i
will send you a gift code for your choice.  You are welcome to forward
this email as much as you like, but I will only honor requests for 24
hours from the moment I hit send on this email.

For giggles, here is me giving my TED talk in Whitefish (20 minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_7I-hgtQo4

And here is me as a keynote speaker at a permaculture convergence in
California (2.5 hours):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vZPTPIHO8w

--

My book, my movies, my videos, my podcasts, my events ... all of my
stuff:  https://permies.com/w/stuff