[MCN] Join us to help save imperiled fish & wildlife

Adam Rissien arissien at wildearthguardians.org
Wed Feb 5 15:59:47 EST 2020

*Help protect fish and wildlife in the *

*Greater Salmon-Selway-Bitterroot*

Join us next week to learn how you can help protect wild places and
important species in the Greater Salmon-Selway-Bitterroot Ecosystem.
Grizzly bears, bull trout, wolverine, Canada lynx and mountain goats depend
on secure and connected habitat to survive.

For the first time in over thirty years, the Forest Service is revising its
management plan for the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest, and the
agency is likely to select an alternative that will endanger fish and
wildlife, and remove crucial protections for the wild places we all love.
The Nez Perce -Clearwater Plan will have a huge influence on the upcoming
Lolo-Bitterroot Forest Plan Revisions.

We are joining with Friends of the Clearwater and our local partners to
help people get involved and we need your support. Please join us!

Where: Hamilton Public Library (306 State St. Hamilton, MT)

When: Monday Feb. 10, 6:30 – 8:30 pm

OR

Where: Missoula Public Library (301 E Main St. Missoula, MT)

When: Wednesday, Feb. 12, 6:00 – 8:30 pm

You will learn more about the issues and prepare for the Forest Service’s
public meetings in Missoula and Hamilton scheduled for Feb. 22nd. Click
here for details.
<https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd687030.pdf> We need
your voice at these meetings if we are going to secure better habitat
protection for grizzly bears, wolverine, lynx, bull trout and other
sensitive species.

*Co-sponsored by Wilderness Watch, Wild West Institute, Friends of the
Bitterroot, and the Flathead-Lolo-Bitterroot Citizen Task Force.*

‌

ReWilding Advocate

*(406) 370-3147*

*www.wildearthguardians.org <http://www.wildearthguardians.org>*