[MCN] Fascism in America? Paranoia? Possible? Plausible?

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Sat Feb 8 18:50:41 EST 2020

About 18,700,000 results (0.50 seconds)

Fascism in North America - Wikipedia <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism_in_North_America>
Fascism in North America is composed of a set of related political movements in Canada, the United States, Mexico and elsewhere that were variants of fascism.
‎Caribbean <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism_in_North_America#Caribbean> · ‎Central America <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism_in_North_America#Central_America> · ‎United States <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism_in_North_America#United_States> · ‎Notable neo-fascist and ... <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism_in_North_America#Notable_neo-fascist_and_neo-Nazi_groups>

www.theguardian.com › commentisfree › jul › is-this-fascism-no-could-... <https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/31/is-this-fascism-no-could-it-become-fascism-yes>
Is this fascism? No. Could it become fascism? Yes | Andrew ... <https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/31/is-this-fascism-no-could-it-become-fascism-yes>
Jul 31, 2019 - Trump's persistent hold on his base shows the power to be had in reinventing anti-American values as patriotic.

Don't Call Donald Trump a Fascist - Foreign Policy <https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/11/02/donald-trump-fascist-nazi-right-wing/>
Nov 2, 2019 - “Every age has its own fascism,” the Italian writer Primo Levi warned in a ... “This is how fascism comes to America,” Robert Kagan wrote in the ...

www.mcsweeneys.net › articles › when-my-grandkids-ask-me-what-i-... <https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/when-my-grandkids-ask-me-what-i-did-to-fight-american-fascism-ill-proudly-tell-them-i-tweeted-a-few-times>
When My Grandkids Ask Me What I Did to Fight American ... <https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/when-my-grandkids-ask-me-what-i-did-to-fight-american-fascism-ill-proudly-tell-them-i-tweeted-a-few-times>
I'm sure that one day, when the battle is won, my grandchildren will ask me, “Grandpa, what did you do to help defeat Donald Trump and fight the rise of fascism ..
.
www.jstor.org › stable <https://www.jstor.org/stable/1947225>
Fascism in America? - JStor <https://www.jstor.org/stable/1947225>
by HA Steiner - ‎1935 - ‎Cited by 8 <https://scholar.google.com/scholar?rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS737US737&sxsrf=ACYBGNTROsb5djZEo_pgRfMN9wmrk_O3eQ:1581203748989&uact=5&um=1&ie=UTF-8&lr&cites=4532199367356929761> - ‎Related articles <https://scholar.google.com/scholar?rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS737US737&sxsrf=ACYBGNTROsb5djZEo_pgRfMN9wmrk_O3eQ:1581203748989&uact=5&um=1&ie=UTF-8&lr&q=related:4VaP3k-b5T7FLM:scholar.google.com/>
possibility of the introduction into this country of a foreign brand of. Fascism. More immediately, the "danger" is of an indigenous American reactionary movement ...

www.amazon.com › American-Fascists-Christian-Right-America <https://www.amazon.com/American-Fascists-Christian-Right-America/dp/0743284461>
American Fascists: The Christian Right and the ... - Amazon.com <https://www.amazon.com/American-Fascists-Christian-Right-America/dp/0743284461>
Twenty-five years ago, when Pat Robertson and other radio and televangelists first spoke of the United States becoming a Christian nation that would build a ..
.
www.vox.com › how-fascism-works-donald-trump-jason-stanley <https://www.vox.com/2018/9/19/17847110/how-fascism-works-donald-trump-jason-stanley>
What is fascism? A Yale philosopher explains how it works - Vox <https://www.vox.com/2018/9/19/17847110/how-fascism-works-donald-trump-jason-stanley>
Sep 19, 2018 - In the book, you imply that there's something inherently fascist about American politics, or at the very least that fascism has always been a latent ...

Fascism – Some Warnings | Politics and Prose Bookstore <https://www.politics-prose.com/bookmark/fascism-some-warnings>
Fascism – Some Warnings ... president who routinely shows contempt for democratic values, the question for many Americans is: Could fascism happen here?

Is America Actually Heading Towards Fascism? - GQ <https://www.gq.com/story/is-america-heading-towards-fascism>
Jul 26, 2019 - “This is how fascism comes to America,” wrote the Brookings Institute's Robert Kagan in a 2016 Washington Post op-ed, as Trump closed in on ...

www.youtube.com › watch <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9-ljQyruKw>
America's Forgotten Fascism - YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9-ljQyruKw>
Aug 27, 2019 - In 1939, 20000 fascists assembled for a “pro-America” rally in the heart of New York's Madison Square Garden. #Antifa #Trump ...

The American Version of Fascism is Alive and Prospering ... <https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/07/28/american-version-fascism-alive-and-prospering>
Jul 28, 2019 - The United States, as a whole, is not a fascist country. There are many places in states and localities where democracy thrives. The federal ...

Letter: Fascism is the greatest threat in America - The Salt ... <https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/letters/2019/10/21/letter-fascism-is/>
Oct 21, 2019 - Thanks to George Pyle (13 Oct.) for using the most accurate term to describe the mortal danger imperiling the republic: fascism. One quibble: ...

www.chicagotribune.com › opinion › commentary › ct-opinion-fascis... <https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/commentary/ct-opinion-fascism-trump-leonard-pitts-20191011-cdt5mnlnaneyhmfstezbudyjla-story.html>
Commentary: Fascism in America? It can happen here ... <https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/commentary/ct-opinion-fascism-trump-leonard-pitts-20191011-cdt5mnlnaneyhmfstezbudyjla-story.html>
Oct 11, 2019 - America, I'd say, lives by a similar delusion where fascism is concerned. We can only hope last week's extraordinary letter from White House ...

www.minnpost.com › community-voices › 2019/08 › a-slide-toward-... <https://www.minnpost.com/community-voices/2019/08/a-slide-toward-fascism-it-could-happen-here/>
A slide toward fascism? It could happen here | MinnPost <https://www.minnpost.com/community-voices/2019/08/a-slide-toward-fascism-it-could-happen-here/>
Aug 29, 2019 - But our democracy is strong; a fascist takeover here is impossible, right ... Lutheran Church in America did recently in announcing it would offer ...

www.historians.org › em-18-what-is-the-future-of-italy-(1945) › the-r... <https://www.historians.org/about-aha-and-membership/aha-history-and-archives/gi-roundtable-series/pamphlets/em-18-what-is-the-future-of-italy-(1945)/the-rise-and-fall-of-fascism>
The Rise and Fall of Fascism | AHA - American Historical ... <https://www.historians.org/about-aha-and-membership/aha-history-and-archives/gi-roundtable-series/pamphlets/em-18-what-is-the-future-of-italy-(1945)/the-rise-and-fall-of-fascism>
From his birth in 1883 to the day of his death in 1945 Benito Mussolini was many things to many men. Son of a blacksmith of radical persuasion, Mussolini was a ...

www.newsweek.com › ... › Climate Change › United States › Fascism <https://www.newsweek.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-america-not-advanced-society-us-fascism-wealth-inequality-1479027>
Alexandria Ocasio Cortez Says U.S. 'Not an Advanced Society ... <https://www.newsweek.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-america-not-advanced-society-us-fascism-wealth-inequality-1479027>
Dec 24, 2019 - ... "advanced society," saying that we've evolved into a fascist state that ... claim that the U.S. is the world's wealthiest, most advanced country.

www.wikiwand.com › Fascism_in_North_America <https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Fascism_in_North_America>
Fascism in North America - Wikiwand <https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Fascism_in_North_America>
Fascism in North America is composed of a set of related political movements in Canada, the United States, Mexico and elsewhere that were variants of fascism.

Fascism in America - Third World Traveler <http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Fascism/Fascism_America.html>
"Fascism is on the march today in America. Millionaires are marching to the tune. It will come in this country unless a strong defense is set up by all liberal and ..

“A new area of study is the field that some of us are beginning to call social traps. The term refers to situations in society that contain traps formally like a fish trap, where men or whole societies get themselves started in some direction or some set of relationships that later prove to be unpleasant or lethal and that they see no easy way to back out of or to avoid."

John Platt. Social Traps. American Psychologist, August 1973

“Our results indicate that terrestrial ecosystems are highly sensitive to temperature change and suggest that, without major reductions in greenhouse gas emissions to the atmosphere, terrestrial ecosystems worldwide are at risk of major transformation.”

Nolan et al. Past and future global transformation of terrestrial ecosystems under climate change.
Science 31 August 2018