[MCN] February 19 - The Big Climate Change Event

Amy Cilimburg amy at climatesmartmissoula.org
Wed Feb 12 08:13:21 EST 2020

February 19 - The Big Climate Change Event
<https://www.missoulaclimate.org/big-event.html> - The Wilma

*7-9pm. Doors open at 6:30*
*FREE and open to all*

*A Community event and conversation featuring:*

   - Keynote presentation by Dr. Rob Davies, Utah State University:
   *DISRUPTION*
   - Local Climate Voices and Commitments
      - 100% clean electricity
      - Resiliency: Climate Ready Missoula
      - And more
   - What's next in and around Missoula
   - Reception to follow - stay for sweets, snacks, Q & A, conversation +
   no host bar. Local climate & sustainability groups will share info,
   activities, + how to get involved.

Together let's figure out how to do what is necessary.

The evening is sponsored by Climate Smart Missoula, the City of Missoula,
Missoula County, Clearwater Credit Union, Providence St Patrick Hospital
and the University of Montana's Office of Sustainability and Climate Change
Studies Program, and with support from Logjam Presents.

Rob Davies offers something unique, and sponsors hope his presentation,
together with community commitments, will provide one of those
transformative community events that inspires all of us to bring energy and
hope to the most challenging issue of our day.

*Where you will learn that it is an emergency. And  that it is not
impossible and there are things we can do and we will feel good and
motivated and fired up and ready to make a difference and do what is
necessary. *

Still not sure?  Here's what a few of event sponsors have to offer, after
experiencing a Davies' presentation:

"Professor Davies will challenge you to distinguish between doing what is
merely feasible versus what is necessary. And this leads to the harder
question of our resolve. Past generations have risen to the challenge of
their times - will we?"  Bryan von Lossberg, Alderman, Missoula City
Council - Ward 1 and Council President

"I’m over the moon Davies is coming to Missoula. I was fortunate to see him
present at Park City’s Mountain Towns Net Zero Summit, it was
transformative. I’ve renewed fear, energy, and resolve to do this work."
 Missoula County Commissioner Juanita Vero

"I could rave about Davies’ presentation, but words really can’t do it
justice. So I’ll leave it at this: DON’T MISS IT."  Diana Maneta, Missoula
County's Energy and Sustainability Coordinator

"The presentation by Professor Davies dramatically changed how I view the
challenge before us, and my inspiration to step it up.  I've been to >100
climate impacts presentations and none have had such an impact. Be there!"
 Amy Cilimburg, Climate Smart Missoula's executive director

"Davies’ possesses the rare ability to be honest about the sobering
projections for our planet, while also cultivating the hope that we can (we
must!) forge a new way. He points out that we're the first generation to
understand climate change and also the last generation who can do anything
about it. This understanding makes meaningful response on a scale
commensurate with the enormous risks we are facing rational, not radical".
Chase Jones, City of Missoula's Energy and Climate Action Coordinator.

--
Amy Cilimburg
Executive Director, Climate Smart Missoula

o:406.926.2847; c:406.465.1141
ClimateSmartMissoula.org <http://www.missoulaclimate.org/>