[MCN] Press Release: Habitat Breaks Ground on First Home in E. Missoula

Hannah McDaniel hannah at habitatmsla.org
Mon Jul 6 12:00:40 EDT 2020

For Immediate Release
Contact: Hannah McDaniel, Communications & Grants Director
hannah at habitatmsla.org
406-549-8210

*Habitat Breaks Ground on First Home in E. Missoula*
*Nonprofit Building New Home with Single Mother, Counselor*

Missoula, July 7, 2020 – To commemorate the organization’s first home in
East Missoula, Habitat for Humanity of Missoula (Habitat) is holding a
socially-distant, parade-style ceremony on Tuesday at 5:45 pm. Community
members are invited to drive by and congratulate Shelley Grados and her
children, Habitat’s 59th partner family and the future homeowners at 447
Speedway Avenue. Habitat builds multiple homes each year in partnership
with local families; these homes are then sold to the families who helped
construct them through a special mortgage program to keep payments within
the family’s means.

“Despite the new developments with COVID we are still very humbled and
excited to finally be moving forward, and to be given the opportunity to
have a wonderful experience such as this,” says Shelley Grados. “We feel as
though Habitat has become part of our family; in helping us through this
process, being supportive, giving us guidance, and most of all,
homeownership. We feel so blessed.”

Habitat has pivoted to a parade format in attempt to bring Missoulians
together for the event while steering away from the threat of COVID-19
spread in large group gatherings.
“Habitat has been looking forward to building homes in East Missoula for
some time, and we want to honor the occasion and the Grados family in a
unique but mindful way,” says Habitat Executive Director, Heather Harp.
“Our volunteers, families, staff and supporters love getting together to
celebrate milestones, and it’s important to us to maintain this energy and
connection.”

Habitat is also simultaneously building their 9th home in Franklin to the
Fort (58th home in Missoula) with the Lumona family of six. For more
information about Habitat or to get involved, visit www.habitatmsla.org.

####
*Hannah McDaniel*
Communications & Grants Director - Habitat for Humanity of Missoula, MT