[MCN] Join us July 29 at noon: Panel discussion about the film Cooked: survival by zipcode

Amy Cilimburg amy at climatesmartmissoula.org
Fri Jul 24 16:09:57 EDT 2020

It's a Zoom Panel!
Watch the film "Cooked" between now and this Wednesday and then join us:

*July 29, 12-1pm | Film & panel: Cooked: Survival By Zipcode*
This provocative film shows how poverty and racism fueled hundreds of
"excess" deaths particularly in Black neighborhoods during the 1995 Chicago
Heat Wave. Disasters, like the climate crisis, reveal deep inequalities.
How can we keep equity at the heart of building resiliency? Join us to
learn more about the Climate Ready Missoula effort and talk about other
ways our community can become more sustainable and just. This film is
currently *available for free on the PBS website
<https://www.pbs.org/independentlens/videos/cooked-survival-by-zip-code/>* -
watch it anytime before the panel! Then join via this Zoom link
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86700024378>
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86700024378>

*Panelists:*
Brenda Solorzano, CEO, Headwaters Foundation
D'Shane Barnett, Executive Director, All Nations Health Center
Eric Legvold, Director of Impact, United Way of Missoula County
Caroline Lauer, Program Director, Climate Smart Missoula

Co-sponsored by
*Families for a Livable Climate <https://livableclimate.org/>*Invite your
friends via FACEBOOK <https://www.facebook.com/events/737303743767067/>This
event is the second of a three-part Climate Smart + partners Summer Series.
Did you miss our Facebook Live event about preparing for Wildfire smoke?
Curious about the third event?  Check the series out HERE
<https://www.missoulaclimate.org/summer-series.html>.

--
Amy Cilimburg
Executive Director, Climate Smart Missoula
<https://studentaffairs.duke.edu/csgd/training-resources/gender-pronouns>:
*she/her*

ClimateSmartMissoula.org <http://www.missoulaclimate.org/>