[MCN] Court win for Yellowstone bison!

Jeff Juel jeffjuel at wildrockies.org
Thu Jul 2 01:03:49 EDT 2020

John, your conclusion on the bogus brucellosis issue is of course not
new. I do like the social justice angle of your discussion. Stewing
colonialization, racism, oppression of native peoples and lands.

And appropriation of public lands forage for welfare cowboys--all true.
However, an elusive solution to one issue still remains: If wild bison
roam free, the migratory ways of large herds would obliterate a LOT of
private land values. Bison would not respect fences, highways, land
ownership boundaries, etc. etc. etc. That's the biggest fear, and I
think a lot of dialogue needs to happen.

And *congratulations***on gaining new NEPA analysis on the bison
management plan. The "scope" of that EIS could address the tricky issues
I raise above.

Jeff

--
Jeff Juel