[MCN] Historical Museum at Fort Missoula Closes Outbuildings for Winter Starting Nov 2nd

Jessie Rogers jrogers at missoulacounty.us
Mon Oct 26 16:48:40 EDT 2020

Historical Museum at Fort Missoula Closes Outbuildings for Winter Starting Nov 2nd

The Historical Museum at Fort Missoula has several updates for you all. Like you, other nonprofits, and businesses throughout our country and world, we are finding a path forward in this new territory of COVID. We thank you all for your support as we continue the important work of preserving and sharing our history and caretaking the artifacts that are part of Missoula and Western Montana's heritage.
Announcements & Updates
·       Due to the uptick in COVID cases, the main museum building will remain closed for general visitation through December 31st.

     *   Museum grounds are open 24/7 and the public is welcome.
·       Museum outbuildings will be closed for the winter beginning Monday, November 2nd and will re-open for Forestry Day April 24th, 2021.
·       The museum is no longer accepting book donations.

     *   We plan to hold a Small Virtual Book Sale in December!
·       The museum plans to resume all normal activities when the state enters Phase Three.
Small Group Tours of New Exhibits Available by Appointment
Are you missing your museum? We're missing you! Sign up for a guided tour of the Museum's exhibits.

  *   More info: https://fortmissoulamuseum.org/education/schedule-a-tour/
  *   Or contact Education Director Kristjana Eyjólfsson at 258-3473 or keyjolfsson at missoulacounty.us<mailto:keyjolfsson at missoulacounty.us>.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about safety protocols, tours, events or rentals queries, ways you can support the Historical Museum, or any other questions or concerns, please contact  Matt Lautzenheiser, Executive Director Ph# 406 -258-3471 or mlautzenheiser at missoulacounty.us<mailto:mlautzenheiser at missoulacounty.us>.
As a public organization, our primary concern is the safety and well-being of the Missoula Community.  Please remember to physical distance when you are enjoying the Historical Museum's grounds. Thank you for your understanding at this challenging time for our country.
On behalf of the staff and Boards of the Historical Museum at Fort Missoula, we wish you all continued good health, and we look forward to the day when we can gather again and celebrate our history and community. Stay well, friends.

Jessie Rogers
Development & Communications Director
The Historical Museum at Fort Missoula

"Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world."
-Desmond Tutu

Messages and attachments sent to or from this e-mail account may be considered public or private records depending on the message content. Unless otherwise exempted from the public records law, senders and receivers of County email should presume that the emails are subject to release upon request. This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, please notify the sender immediately, do not forward the message to anyone, and delete all copies.