[MCN] Seeking Host Family for 15 year old girl from Kumamoto Japan for 2021-22

Sarah Smith smaigin at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 11:25:19 EDT 2021

Hello Missoula area, Bitterroot area families,

I'm the local coordinator for Greenheart Exchange looking for a host family for a high school girl from Kumamoto, Japan. She is hoping to come to Missoula for the upcoming high school year; but I'm still waiting to hear from Missoula schools to see if they are accepting exchange students this year. If not many of the smaller high schools (Frenchtown, Stevi, etc) are. Montana and Kumamoto are sister-states, and each year, as part of a special agreement and scholarship, one or two Kumamoto students come for a year of exchange in the Missoula area.

Greenheart students come with their own spending money and health insurance; host families are expected to provide 3 meals a day, a bed/room of their own (they can share a bedroom with a host sibling of same-sex), transportation to and from school, and most importantly an open and loving home to treat them as one of their own and share their lives for a 10 month home stay. Greenheart Exchange is open and inclusive to all kinds of host families.

This year we have a 15 year old girl, Yuika, who will be entering into 10th grade in high school.  Yuika comes from a close family with two older brothers. She loves baking (and cooking too) but hopes to share Japanese style baking and learn American recipes too. She is a big reader, novels and manga, and listens to American music to practice her English. Yuika plays handball and loves to skateboard; she hopes to learn winter sports while here in Montana.  This will be here first time traveling abroad and she is so excited to share her Japanese culture and improve her English and be part of an American family. All Japanese students come early to the US for 4 weeks of English language camp before arriving to their host families.

Please contact me, Sarah Smith, if you are interested... or even curious to hear more information.
406.270.1811
smaigin at yahoo.com