[MCN] Mountain Home: Call for Nominations for New Board Members

Jamie McConnell jamiem at womensvoices.org
Mon Jul 26 15:48:22 EDT 2021

Mountain Home is looking to add 2-3 new members to our Board of Directors.

Since 2000, Mountain Home has served some of the state’s most vulnerable families: young mothers (ages 16-29) and children who are homeless or at risk of being homeless. As one of only three programs in the state providing housing and wrap-around services for young moms, we offer a critical resource not only for Missoula County but also underserved rural communities from across the state.

In addition to housing, our wraparound care includes a licensed mental health center, evidenced-based employment and education program, life skills training, and intensive parenting education. We help break generational cycles of poverty and abuse by giving moms skills and confidence to build a better future for themselves and their children. By keeping families safe, healthy, and together, our proactive approach prevents the intense trauma and costs to taxpayers incurred with foster care placement. Learn more about our work: mountainhomemt.org

Mountain Home’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Mountain Home is committed to building and maintaining a Board of Directors that reflects the community it serves in regard to race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sex, gender, age, income, disability, and familial status. The moms who seek our services come from all walks of life and are experiencing challenges they cannot and should not face alone. Even the strongest moms need help and Mountain Home is here for all. The MT Home board is responsible for ensuring the organization’s policies, programs, and procedures center justice, diversity, equity and inclusion. Therefore, Mountain Home is committed to a board recruitment process that is conducted with these values in mind and that encourages a diverse pool of candidates. We aim to increase diversity by 25-30% of people who identify as Indigenous, Black, Asian Pacific Islander, or Latinx, LGBTQ+, or under the age of 30 by end of 2021 and 40% by the end of 2022.

About the Position

Mountain Home seeks a diverse group of dedicated, creative, and skilled individuals, aligned with Mountain Home’s mission, to serve on its board of directors. Board member responsibilities include: organizational governance, fiscal oversight and fiduciary responsibility; actively participating in board meetings, subcommittees and other board activities; planning and setting of Mountain Home’s strategic direction; engaging in targeted fundraising activities; supporting and evaluating the executive director; assisting in building an effective board; and acting as an ambassador for Mountain Home and enhancing its public standing. Board terms are three years in length for the first term, and if re-nominated, members can serve another 3 year term up to 6 consecutive years.

We are looking to add 2-3 new board members in time to attend our annual retreat in October.  Applicants of color and others who will increase the diversity of Mountain Home’s board are strongly encouraged to apply.

We are prioritizing candidates who have experience in one or more of the following areas:

  *   Mental health/social work
  *   Real Estate
  *   Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
  *   Lived experience

If interested in being considered for Mountain Home’s Board of Directors, please complete this short form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_CddSHmGWdy0nQlDLDtX2TCMpon6CdOXXjKcwGBZEwY/edit> at your earliest convenience but no later than August 18, 2021. We will be reviewing applications after the 18th and may contact you for a short interview. The full board will vote to include new board members on September 29.

Please fill out this online form to apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_CddSHmGWdy0nQlDLDtX2TCMpon6CdOXXjKcwGBZEwY/edit

Thank you!
Jamie McConnell
Vice-President, Mountain Home Board of Directors