[MCN] 45th Annual 4TH @ THE FORT CELEBRATION IS BACK!!!

Jessie Rogers jrogers at missoulacounty.us
Fri Jun 25 15:30:56 EDT 2021

45th Annual 4TH OF JULY CELEBRATION IS BACK!!!  AT THE HISTORICAL MUSEUM AT FORT MISSOULA

[cid:image001.png at 01D769C6.5326C5D0]

The Historical Museum at Fort Missoula is pleased to announce the return of our annual 4th at the Fort Celebration.  On Sunday, July 4th, the Historical Museum and the Rocky Mountain Museum of Military History will partner to present many family friendly activities to celebrate our country's independence.

While much of the celebration will be familiar, there will be some changes this year.  HMFM is working closely with Missoula County Health Department to assure for the safety of our community.  And while this means we will not have a formal program or live music in 2021, we all look forward to bringing back these elements in 2022.

This year we will not charge a set admission price, instead we are asking for admission by donation.  We know that 2020 was hard on a lot of our friends and neighbors and we don't want an admission price to be a barrier for folks who want the attend the event.  Donations collected support the activities of the Friends of the Historical Museum and the Rocky Mountain Museum of Military History.

Festivities begin at 10am and include a variety of old-fashioned fun and games. Bring the family for a day of fun.

Offerings include:

*       Old-fashioned children's games

*       Food trucks & cold beer

*       Tours of the Lookout, Schoolhouse, Drummond Depot, Trolley Barn, & Locomotive

*       Historic steam-run sawmill demos

*       Antique engine displays

*       Historical surveying and MT genealogy

*       Big Sky Breakout Escape Games

*       Activity Booths hosted by various groups

*       Miniature ponies

*       Model Railroad displays

*       Sapphire screening by Western MT Exploration & Mining Assoc

*       Smokey the Bear will visit

In addition to the celebration activities, The Missoula City-County Health Department's mobile vaccine unit be on site and will provide Johnson & Johnson single-dose COVID-19 vaccines to Missoula County residents ages 18 and up, while residents ages 12 and up will be offered the Pfizer two-dose vaccine.

The Health Department's mission is to create easy and equitable access to the COVID-19 vaccine throughout Missoula County. Individuals who are unsure if they want the COVID-19 vaccine but would like more info about the vaccine from a reputable source, should talk to their staff about the benefits and side effects. The Health Department is encouraging all eligible citizens to get vaccinated to protect the community against COVID-19.

The White House has declared June a National Month of Action. This is a great opportunity to do our part to keep our friends and family safe by helping reach 70% of Americans vaccinated by Independence Day!

Premiere sponsors are Farmers State Bank, A & E Architects, Parkside Credit Union, Good Food Store, & Pepsi!

The party goes on rain or shine. Follow the signs and remember all roads lead to fun here at the Historical Museum!

Jessie Rogers
Development & Communications Director
The Historical Museum at Fort Missoula

"Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world." -Desmond Tutu
*** The Historical Museum at Fort Missoula acknowledges that we are in the homelands of the Salish and Kalispel people. We offer our respect for their history and culture, and for their wisdom in caring for this place for the generations to come.

Messages and attachments sent to or from this e-mail account may be considered public or private records depending on the message content. Unless otherwise exempted from the public records law, senders and receivers of County email should presume that the emails are subject to release upon request. This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, please notify the sender immediately, do not forward the message to anyone, and delete all copies.