[MCN] Community Ownership 101

brittany palmer brittanyleepalmer at gmail.com
Wed May 26 21:58:05 EDT 2021

Let's Talk About Community Ownership*Tuesday, June 1st from 5:30-7:30PM on
zoom*

When it comes to rapid growth and change in Missoula, we as everyday people
often feel out of control. Development can feel like it's happening *to* us,
rather than *for* us. How can we, as everyday neighbors, claim agency in
our housing opportunities, corner stores, community centers, breweries, and
more?

On Tuesday, June 1st from 5:30pm to 7:30pm (via Zoom), come learn and
discuss building power, wealth, and resilience in our neighborhoods through
community ownership!  Join NMCDC, Northside-Westside CREW, and F2F
Neighbors in Action as we learn from local experts about community
ownership models and meet other Missoulians interested in community and
cooperative ownership! Click here to register.
<https://iafnw.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMucumuqTkjGdZzIODuttRcjYcKsSs5NhFH>

Think of this event as Community Ownership 101! Guest experts from the
Center for Community Ownership and Mission West Community Development
Partners will discuss the benefits of and barriers to community ownership
and teach some tools and successful examples from other communities,
including but not limited to cooperatives, community-owned utilities, and
co-housing. There will also be time for building relationships with each
other to help us move towards investing in our own community.

Invite your friends, family, and neighbors so we can all imagine and take
action together!

--
Brittany Palmer
MS, Environmental Studies