[MCN] Wilderness Institute's Monitoring Program Offering Volunteer Opportunities

CitizenScience CitizenScience at cfc.umt.edu
Mon May 24 11:55:54 EDT 2021

The Wilderness Institute (WI) - Monitoring  Program is seeking volunteers to work with experienced field leaders to evaluate wilderness character across our public lands.  This season WI will be covering Wilderness Study Areas (WSAs) in eastern Montana and the Anaconda Pintler Wilderness.

At the moment we are offering  7 volunteer trips<https://www.cfc.umt.edu/wi/outreach/monitoring/volunteer.php#volunteer>. Our first trip will be departing June 11, so please sign up soon!
As always, our trips are free and open to the public and entail the following:

  *   3-6 day trips into the wildlands of Montana, car camping with day hikes and backpacking options
  *   Opportunity to learn about wilderness character and  monitoring methods;
  *   Backcountry experience is helpful, but not necessary (please review specific trip descriptions to pick the right trip for your ability level);
  *   Dinners provided daily;
  *   COVID Safety Protocols;
  *   Limited transportation available from Missoula and options to drive yourself and meet us at monitoring site.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

--
LISA GERLOFF (she/her/hers)
DIRECTOR, MONITORING PROGRAM

UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA

The University of Montana acknowledges that we are in the aboriginal territories of the Salish and Kalispel people. We honor the path they have always shown us in caring for this place for the generations to come.