[MCN] Historical Museum Regretfully CANCELS the Fall Harvest Festival & Apple Day

Jessie Rogers jrogers at missoulacounty.us
Wed Sep 15 13:53:34 EDT 2021

Historical Museum Regretfully CANCELS the Fall Harvest Festival and Apple Day @ the Fort

Sunday, September 26th 11:00am - 3:00pm

[cid:image001.png at 01D7AA28.3550F1F0]

After carefully considering the current Covid-19 situation in Missoula County, seeking guidance from the Health Department, and speaking with our staff and volunteers at the Historical Museum, we have come to the decision that it is not possible for our Harvest Festival Event to take place this fall.  The efforts it would take to mitigate the current Covid-19 spike and keep the site safe were beyond the capacity of our staff and volunteers.

 On behalf of the staff, volunteers, and Boards of the Historical Museum we are disappointed that we are unable to do the event this year, but we look forward to a time in the future when Covid-19 is behind us, and we can again gather and celebrate our rich Western Montana History.
While our annual celebration has been canceled, the Historical Museum at Fort Missoula is open to the public.

  *   Tuesday - Sunday: 12pm-5pm
  *   Closed on Monday
We want to thank our community and each of you for your support and working together to protect our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Just like in 1918, when the flu ravaged our world, nation, and state, these tough decisions are what we each need to do to protect those we hold dear and our communities.
As a public organization, our primary concern is the safety and well-being of the Missoula Community.  Please remember to physical distance when you are enjoying the Historical Museum. Thank you for your understanding at this challenging time for our country. Stay well, friends.
If you have any questions please contact  Matt Lautzenheiser, Executive Director Ph# 406 -258-3471 or mlautzenheiser at missoulacounty.us<mailto:mlautzenheiser at missoulacounty.us>.

Jessie Rogers
Development & Communications Director
The Historical Museum at Fort Missoula

"Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world." -Desmond Tutu
*** The Historical Museum at Fort Missoula acknowledges that we are in the homelands of the Salish and Kalispel people. We offer our respect for their history and culture, and for their wisdom in caring for this place for the generations to come.

Messages and attachments sent to or from this e-mail account may be considered public or private records depending on the message content. Unless otherwise exempted from the public records law, senders and receivers of County email should presume that the emails are subject to release upon request. This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, please notify the sender immediately, do not forward the message to anyone, and delete all copies.