[MCN] EPI Yellowstone is Hiring Assistant Instructors

Alexei Desmarais alexei at ecologyproject.org
Thu Feb 3 00:53:28 EST 2022

Ecology Project International <http://www.epiyellowstone.org/>'s Yellowstone
Program is looking for passionate environmental educators and outdoor
leaders to join our field instructor teams and help lead our summer
Yellowstone Wildlife education programs!

*Assistant Instructors* guide students in the preparation of all meals in
the field, maintain EPI field equipment, transport students, lead students
in leadership activities/games, and support field instructors in conducting
all courses. Throughout the season, assistant instructors will have
opportunities to practice and grow in their confidence and ability to teach
relevant science and ecology lessons and manage student group dynamics and
safety in a field setting. Upon successful completion of a summer season,
assistant instructors will be encouraged to continue their development by
stepping into a position as a field instructor for EPI Yellowstone's
following educational program season (January-August 2023).

Because of the diversity of Yellowstone participants and EPI staff, all
instructors and assistant instructors should have the skills to address
bias in their work and be culturally responsive in interactions with
students and co-workers. Field staff are encouraged to identify ways in
which we can enhance inclusivity in planning and implementing our programs.

*The priority application deadline is Sunday 2/20, with interviews
scheduled on a rolling basis. So apply today! *

For complete job announcements and to access the applications (for
both positions),
please visit http://www.ecologyproject.org/about/jobs/.

Any questions can be directed to Sarah Wood at sarah at ecologyproject.org.

--

*Alexei Desmarais | Yellowstone Program Manager**Ecology Project
International*

* <https://www.facebook.com/EcologyProject/>
<https://www.facebook.com/EcologyProject/>
<https://twitter.com/ecologyproject>
<https://www.youtube.com/user/pezsapo08>*
https://www.ecologyproject.org/yellowstone-impacts
<https://www.ecologyproject.org/programs/local-communities-campuses/yellowstone>
 | facebook.com/epiyellowstone

Pronouns: he/him/his
*Conservation for the next generation*

*I respectfully acknowledge the Seliš-Qlispé (Salish and Kalispel) and
Ktunaxa (Kootenai) peoples on whose traditional territories I reside and
work. And I work to honor their relationship to these lands, since time
immemorial, and to follow their example in caring for this place for
generations to come. *