[MCN] Flagship Program

Cecile Sorensen csorensen at wmmhc.org
Fri Feb 4 14:20:20 EST 2022

Hello and Happy February.  I hope this email finds you doing well.  The Flagship Program is a great community service serving Missoula for 25+ years now with assisting young adults with tutoring, mentoring and teaching them to grow.

The Flagship Program is always in need of volunteers and we were wondering if we could reach out to you for possibly a shout out on ListServe?    It would help gain awareness for the program - we assist 8 schools in the Missoula County, K-12 age groups, and we ask for volunteers plus have paid positions for our Spring Semester with youth in our community.

Attached please find a flyer about the great opportunities to mentor, do community service and get involved.  A Q.R. code is attached to the flyer if there iss interest, and offers an easy way for volunteers to register.

Please let me know if we could collaborate with you to gain awareness for those who would like to come support youth and help them grow.

flagshipprogram.org<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.flagshipprogram.org%2f&c=E,1,8I0gpqKLcqml9YJ60vArmJ4CfpJLWYHehhw_xlazJz_P-R3uXkLD2ceV8NU8-ADuCzgBADSOd5k70xlLKVAE5SFq8zbaNXirE_eKT3wwjgzJ&typo=1>.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8092E.5F2EAE30]

The Flagship Program is a community-school partnership that enhances the social, academic, cultural, and physical achievement of Missoula's youth by creating opportunities that help them to succeed and grow to become healthy and productive adults. The Flagship Program aspires to develop a community of engaged citizens through healthy relationships and transformative experiences.

The Flagship Program provides out of school time opportunities for youth in eight Missoula County Public Schools from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Under the umbrella of the Western Montana Mental Health Center, Flagship offers a school-based program in mentoring and skill building. Our program focuses on four core components: academic achievement, health and wellness, art and culture, and social emotional learning. Enrollment in Flagship afterschool programs is open to all youth at the following schools:
* Franklin, Hawthorne and Russell elementary schools
* Meadow Hill, Washington and CS Porter middle schools
* Hellgate and Willard high schools

Flagship is FREE of charge to all participants and families. Flagship is unique to Missoula and with community support we have sustained this model for 25 years. Flagship provides access to activities such as art, engineering, filmmaking, sports, science, gardening, homework help, guitar, role playing games, and much more in a safe and fun learning environment. These are just a few of the over 400 afterschool and summer Flagship opportunities for youth in Missoula.

Thank you for your time and stay well,  Cecile

Cecile Sorensen
she/her/hers
Flagship Outreach & Operations
1321 Wyoming St. Missoula, MT 59801
t: (406) 532-9825

[Blue & Gold Full logo small]

WESTERN MONTANA MENTAL HEALTH CENTER<http://www.wmmhc.org/>

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this transmission may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure under Federal Confidentiality Laws (42 CFR Part 2 and 45 CFR Parts 160-164). Any dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited without the consent of the writer. If you are not the intended recipient, or you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at the email address above or delete this email.