[MCN] My Grandmother's Hands community practice group for white bodies

Alexei Desmarais desmaraisalexei at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 22:30:19 EST 2022

An invitation to white identifying folks in Missoula and the surrounding
areas:

You are invited to join an existing community practice group of white
bodies "grinding"* together to examine white-body supremacy and create a
new type of relationship rooted in creating healthy relationships of
accountability and long-term commitment to ending our culture's racist
impact.

We'll be guided by the book My Grandmother's Hands by Resmaa Menakem. No
experience required, just a willingness to face discomfort, limit
intellectualizing as much as possible, connect with your ancestry, and keep
showing up again and again.

We have been meeting on a nearly weekly basis since February 2021 and are
excited to read My Grandmother's Hands again and invite new people to join
us.

We'll meet once a week for 12 weeks from the week of March 7th - May
23rd. From there, we'll regroup and extend our commitments in 3 month
chunks for the rest of our lives.

More info on the flyer here -- please feel free to reach out if you have
any questions and share with people you know who might be interested!

Flyer link with more info: https://bit.ly/mgh-missoula-mar
Sign up link: https://bit.ly/mgh-missoula-march-signup

--
*M.Ed. in Environmental Education*
*Program Supervisor for Ecology Project International Yellowstone Program*