[MCN] Host Family needed for Japanese high school girl

Sarah Smith smaigin at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 16:43:17 EST 2023

Hi Missoula families,I'm the local coordinator for Greenheart Exchange looking for a host family to finish out the high school hosting year for a cool young woman from Kumamoto, Japan. Ayu has been here since August and is a senior at Hellgate High School. Her current host family is terrific but was only able to commit to a part time hosting situation, and so I'm looking for a new family take her starting end of Jan/early Feb through early June. She'll need to stay at Hellgate High School for the year.
Ayu is a student and artist who loves to chill and hang out. She doesn't necessarily need a go-go family, she is happy to relax at home, enjoy meals and visiting, and regular family life experiences. She is also taking a two classes at UM this spring semester and studies Japanese calligraphy, and loves manga. Her English is excellent, and she spent early years of her childhood in the US.
Greenheart students come with their own spending money and health insurance; host families are expected to provide 3 meals a day, a bed/room of their own (they can share a bedroom with a host sibling of same-sex), transportation to and from school, and most importantly an open and loving home to treat them as one of their own and share their lives for a home stay. Greenheart Exchange is open and inclusive in its host families. Kids or no kids is fine.
Please contact me, Sarah Smith, if you are interested... or even curious to hear more information. You don't have to be perfect, just open to the experience of cultural exchange and willing to share your home. Thanks!Sarah
406.270.1811
smaigin at yahoo.com
Host an Exchange Student | Host | Greenheart Exchange