[MCN] Green Team Volunteers for the Western Montana State Fair

Lena Kara lena at homeresource.org
Thu Jul 13 14:25:44 EDT 2023

Are you interested in making a difference locally? The Western Montana Fair
is going GREEN!  We are excited to grow our sustainable efforts at the fair
and beyond through volunteers and local partners.

My name is Lena Kara and I'm the Pledge Zero Coordinator for Home ReSouce.
We have partnered the Missoula County Fairgrounds to address the waste
streams at one of the biggest annual events in Missoula!  Each year in
August, The Western MT Fair brings in folks and animals from all over
western MT.  Over 150,000 people walk through the gates excited to
experience all the fair has to offer!

I’m reaching out to share some exciting volunteer opportunities for our
newly formed PLEDGE ZERO GREEN TEAM!  We are looking for families and
individuals who wish to volunteer a few hours, or a few shifts to help us
make an impact at the Fair August 9-13,2023.  As a county we are looking
forward to the set goal of ZERO (waste) by 2050! How can we begin to
implement change in our community? Can you help us move towards more
sustainable options at our fair this year?  Vendors will be participating
by pledging to use compostable and recyclable packaging. We will offer only
reusable/recyclable water bottles and offer enhanced zero waste stations
throughout the venue!  The Pledge Zero Green Team is crucial to the
fairgrounds and beyond!  We will offer volunteer opportunities for future
festivals and events to help divert waste from our landfills by increasing
recycling rates and promoting composting. Without the dedication and hard
work of volunteers, our community will not be able to achieve the high
levels of waste reduction we are aiming for.

Signing up to volunteer is easy!

Register here:

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4dafac28a1fdc25-2023#/

Select the volunteer shift that works best for your schedule.  If you have
friends or family that would like to join you in volunteering, please have
them complete the sign up form at the link above!  Shifts are 3 hours and
run from 10 am-10pm daily August 9-12, and 10-7pm August 13.

We value your contribution to our cause and as a thank you all volunteers
will choose from food voucher, carnival pass, or event ticket for each
shift they work!

Please reach out to either lena at homeresource.org or mason at homeresource.org
with any questions you may have.

Thank you for learning more about volunteering with the PLEDGE ZERO GREEN
TEAM!

Lena Kara | (she/her)
Pledge Zero Coordinator
Home ReSource | https://www.homeresource.org/