[MCN] ACLU MT - Hiring! Staff Attorney

Michelle Cares Michellec at aclumontana.org
Wed Jul 12 16:28:52 EDT 2023

Our rights are in a moment of crisis. But we are not powerless. We're fighting for our rights everywhere: In the courts and state legislatures, in the streets, and at the ballot box. Our resolve to help realize a freer, fairer, and more compassionate Montana is stronger than it ever was. Help us find our next partner in this work.
ACLU MT is seeking a passionate, energetic and committed staff attorney to conduct litigation advancing civil rights and liberties in the state. The position is full-time and will pay an annual salary between $57,500 and $68,499, depending on experience.

The Civil Rights Staff Attorney will join a legal team and staff committed to fighting for civil liberties and civil rights and to defend all people from government abuse and overreach. Our priorities include Indigenous Justice and ending the criminalization of poverty. In addition to litigating cases focusing on Indigenous Justice and decriminalization of poverty, this position will also address voting rights, reproductive rights, 2S-LGBTQIA rights, the rights of immigrants, racial justice issues, environmental justice, education equity, religious freedom and general civil liberties issues, recognizing the intersectionality of many of these issues. Over the years we have worked to build Indigenous Justice into nearly every aspect of our organization by fostering relationships with Indigenous leaders, organizations, and community members and prioritizing issues identified by Indigenous communities.

This position is based in Montana with the specific location open to discussion. Staff at the ACLU of Montana work remotely in various locales across the State, with quarterly in person meetings in Missoula.

Careful review of all applications will begin on August 1, 2023. The job description can be found online here<https://www.aclumontana.org/en/jobs/civil-rights-staff-attorney-0> and is attached.