[MCN] Montana youth are taking the state to court! Join us for the kickoff party

Sarah Lundquist sarah at livableclimate.org
Tue May 2 16:41:04 EDT 2023

Dear Missoula,

We hope you will join us for a film screening of the inspiring
documentary, *Youth
v. Gov*, followed by a panel discussion on *Tuesday, May 9 at 6pm at the
ZACC in Missoula*! This event is a kickoff party to build awareness and
support for Held v. State of Montana, the first youth-led and
constitutional climate lawsuit to go to trial in the United States. Learn
more about Held v. Montana at ourchildrenstrust.org/montana.

Doors open at 6pm. Screening 6:30-8:30. Panel 8:30-9:30pm. Suggested
donation: $5 for youth and students, and $10-50 for adults. All proceeds
will support Our Children’s Trust and Held v. MT organizing efforts.

Learn about the history of climate lawsuits in the United States, hear
stories of the brave youth leading the charge, and get inspired to join the
movement and support the plaintiffs in Helena this June! Details here
<https://livableclimate.org/events/2023/screening>.

Hosted by Families for a Livable Climate, Our Children’s Trust, Montana
Environmental Information Center, Forward Montana, and Sierra Club Montana.

“I wish I could help you understand that this is the most important movie
you may ever see, and that this question of who deserves a future is one
that my generation demands an answer to. This movie must be taken in as a
whole, a beautiful, loving story, capturing the most important court case
that you’ve probably never heard of and the lives of 21 of the many
children who just might save the world.” - Lucy Hochschartner

--
*Sarah Lundquist *(she/her)
Communications Director | Families for a Livable Climate

*Phone: *(425) 931-8623
*Email: *sarah at livableclimate.org
*Website:* livableclimate.org (Sign up
<https://livableclimate.org/subscribe-now-news-action-alerts> for action