[MCN] PSA - First Friday Sculpture Exhibit & Reuse event

Cassidy Green cassidy at homeresource.org
Thu May 4 14:09:34 EDT 2023

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

May 4, 2023

Contact: Kelli Hess

(406) 541-8301 | kelli at homeresource.org

*First Friday Sculpture Exhibit & Reuse event*

On Friday, May 5, Home ReSource and the Big Sky High welding program are
joining forces to showcase reuse and creativity in action.

Caleb Olson, the instructor of the Big Sky High Schools' welding program,
assigned two of his classes to make a sculpture using scraps donated from
Home ReSource and other local businesses. Throughout the 6-week project,
Mr. Olsen's students took the project to a level beyond the expectations of
the original assignment.  “What these students achieved, and the level of
creativity they put into it was beyond anything I imagined,”  says Olson.

“These pieces are the perfect example of how we can take materials that
would normally be thrown in the garbage and create something of such value.
The passion and skill put into making these inspires all of us in the reuse
community,” says Kelli Hess, Executive Director at Home ReSource, a
nonprofit focused on sustainability and building materials reuse.

Sculptures will be displayed Friday, May 5, at the Green Source downtown on
Higgins St. during the First Friday Art Crawl from 5 - 8 pm. Home ReSource
will also be hosting a small appliances FixIt Clinic in the space, where
people can bring small appliances needing repair for free, as well as a fun
reuse activity, making this a free and engaging event for the whole family.

“It’s a chance for folks to celebrate a beautiful evening in Missoula, be
inspired by the amazing work of these students, and connect to the reuse
movement in Missoula. We hope everyone swings through!” says Hess.

What: First Friday Reuse Art Exhibit featuring sculptures by students of
Big Sky High School & reuse event and Free FixIt Clinic for small appliances

Where: Green Source downtown - 617 Higgins St. Ste. A

When: Friday, May 5, 2023

Time: 5:00 - 8:00 pm

Cost: Event is free and open to the public

Website: www.homeresource.org/events

--
*Cassidy Green* I gender pronouns: she/her/hers
Marketing & Events Senior Manager

*We envision a just and vibrant world built on the principles of
sustainability where the potential of people, community, and materials is
realized.*