[MCN] Learn New Skills at MUD's Workshops!

Casey Valencia director at mudproject.org
Tue Oct 3 12:30:22 EDT 2023

Hi Missoula folks!
MUD's fall workshops are in full swing! Come get your hands dirty and learn
new skills - all abilities and backgrounds are encouraged to sign up. Spots
are limited - purchase your tickets today
<https://mudproject.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=66c17beceaa2aa3ff8dba381c&id=7e75ac180b&e=80a18f13dd>
.

*October 7 & 8 - Women-led Introduction to CarpentrySponsored by Primal
Practice Chiropractic
<https://mudproject.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=66c17beceaa2aa3ff8dba381c&id=3573098870&e=80a18f13dd>*
Join MUD for our Women-Led Introduction to Carpentry Workshop! This
workshop will give you an overview of a variety of common carpentry tools
and the opportunity to use them while you build your own project with the
guidance of MUD staff and volunteers. You will leave feeling capable and
empowered to complete carpentry projects on your own!

*October 14 - Knife and Tool Sharpening*
Join Instructor Miles Jaqua to learn how to properly maintain your kitchen
and hunting knives, and also pruners, loppers, axes and more. With these
fundamental skills of using oil stones and belt grinders, you’ll leave
feeling confident to sharpen on your own. This workshop will include
instruction and also lots of hands-on practice. You can bring your own
knife or tool to practice with as well!

*October 22 - Bat Houses*
Join the National Wildlife Federation and MUD to build your very own Bat
House! This workshop is family friendly and will include education about
bats, the role that bats play in our ecosystem, and a kit to build your own
bat house. Tools and paint will be provided to assemble the bat house and
decorate it! Join us for this spooky and informative workshop.

*November 29 - Wild Game Butchering*
Whether you’re a new hunter or just someone taking advantage of Montana’s
law allowing roadkill harvest, this workshop will give you the basics for
how to cut up your quarry. The workshop will be led by DeAnna Bublitz –
ambassador for the Montana Wildlife Federation and cofounder of Deer Camp
MT.

*A limited number of scholarships are available for all MUD workshops. Fill
out the application here
<https://mudproject.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=66c17beceaa2aa3ff8dba381c&id=2d7f4f0354&e=80a18f13dd>
and
a staff member will follow up with details to register for the workshop.*

--
Casey Valencia* | she/her*
Executive Director

*MUD empowers people to build a more sustainable community through tool
sharing and hands-on learning.*