[MCN] Public Storytelling & Climate Resilience Exhibit on Feb. 13

Sarah Lundquist sarah at livableclimate.org
Wed Feb 7 18:21:47 EST 2024

Dear Missoula community,

You’re invited to a special evening of live storytelling, connection, and
community resilience on Tuesday, Feb. 13 from 6-8pm at the Missoula Public
Library. Join spectrUM Discovery Area <https://www.umt.edu/spectrum/>, UM
Environmental Studies <https://www.umt.edu/environmental-studies/>,
and Families
for a Livable Climate <https://livableclimate.org/> (with support from KFGM
Radio <https://www.1015kfgm.org/> and MCAT <https://mcat.org/>) to hear
voices from Western Montana sharing community-based climate resilience
stories, then attend a reception featuring the ResilienceMT climate
resilience exhibition.

*Live storytelling: 6-7pm | Cooper Room A (401)*

*Exhibit & reception: 7-8pm | spectrUM Discovery Area, 2nd floor*

Event speakers will include University of Montana’s Justin Angle talking
about his “Fireline” podcast <https://www.firelinepodcast.org/> and “This
is Wildfire”
<https://www.mtpr.org/podcast/the-write-question/2023-09-05/this-is-wildfire-nick-mott-and-justin-angle-follow-award-winning-podcast-with-first-of-its-kind-guide>
book, Laura Garber of Homestead Organics
<https://www.facebook.com/homesteadorganicsfarmmt/> speaking about
superpowers in nature, and UM student, Priya Subberwal
<https://www.priyasubberwal.com/>, speaking about transformation and
renewal.

This event is inspired by ResillenceMT
<https://www.umt.edu/spectrum/collaborations/resiliencemt/default.php>, a
NOAA-funded, University of Montana project working with Montana communities
to build resilience to wildfires, drought, flooding, and extreme heat.

Currently 67% of Americans rarely or NEVER talk about climate change. Let’s
break that silence in Montana. We look forward to building connection
through our shared experiences and envisioning a thriving, healthy
community with you.

Event details here
<https://livableclimate.org/events/2024/resillencemtstories>.

--
*Sarah Lundquist *(she/her)
Communications Director | Families for a Livable Climate

*Phone: *(425) 931-8623
*Email: *sarah at livableclimate.org
*Website:* livableclimate.org (Sign up
<https://livableclimate.nationbuilder.com/> for action alerts and news.)