[MCN] I have the pdf: Does sustainable logging need sustainable forest?

Lance Olsen lance at wildrockies.org
Fri Aug 28 16:00:38 EDT 2015

USDA FOREST SERVICE - PACIFIC SOUTHWEST RESEARCH STATION
Public Release: 28-Aug-2015
Increasingly severe disturbances weaken world's temperate forests

Longer, more severe, and hotter droughts and a myriad of other
threats, including diseases and more extensive and severe wildfires,
are threatening to transform some of the world's temperate forests, a
new study published in Science has found. Without informed
management, some forests could convert to shrublands or grasslands
within the coming decades.

JOURNAL
Science
I have the pdf. LO

--
  "We illustrate how forest harvesting has substantially increased the

Green, K. C., and Y. Alila (2012), A paradigm shift in understanding
and quantifying the effects of forest harvesting on floods in snow
environments, Water Resources Research, 48, W10503,
doi:10.1029/2012WR012449.